autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Shampoos with Wax?

Just curious what everyone's opinions of car washes that contain wax were? Is there an advantage to using the PB was + wax over using the regular PB SSS and then using a quick detailer? Is it ok to use a wash + wax (like the surf city offering) for every wash? Do you need to be concerned about bonding issues if you decided to add another coat of past wax?

Klumzy, do you think there would be any of issues if you used "shampoop" + wax? j/k couldn't resist.

Post Thanks / Like
    This probably isn't fair but I have a tough time not thinking about the commercial car wash when I hear "wash & wax". I have tried one on motor homes and can't tell any difference between it and a regular wash. Probably just me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by makdaddy626 View Post
    Just curious what everyone's opinions of car washes that contain wax were? Is there an advantage to using the PB was + wax over using the regular PB SSS and then using a quick detailer? Is it ok to use a wash + wax (like the surf city offering) for every wash? Do you need to be concerned about bonding issues if you decided to add another coat of past wax?

Klumzy, do you think there would be any of issues if you used "shampoop" + wax? j/k couldn't resist.
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
    This probably isn't fair but I have a tough time not thinking about the commercial car wash when I hear "wash & wax". I have tried one on motor homes and can't tell any difference between it and a regular wash. Probably just me.

I hear ya, I guess there's no way that I'd be convinced that a shampoo + wax would replace the application of a standalone wax or sealant. With that in mind, what are the advantages suppose to be?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the advantage to a car soap with wax would be added lubricity to prevent swirls while adding some type of protection. The PB slick wash and wax doesn't have the suds**(edit) as the regular SSS but that is a trade off for the added lubricity of the wax.

It's just another personal opinion though. Some say that the wax doesn't last long and will leave 'dead' wax on the paint hurting the clarity. Plus a sealant wouldn't be able to bond to the wax. Personal preference .
    Last edited by budman3; 09-23-2007 at 08:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I liked the original suds from Poorboys better ... I guess it might be a good idea for cars not being washed or waxed on a normal basis.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by budman3 View Post
    The PB slick wash and wax doesn't have the lubricity as the regular SSS but that is a trade off for the added lubricity of the wax.
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    I liked the original suds from Poorboys better ... I guess it might be a good idea for cars not being washed or waxed on a normal basis.

As bud & killr said, the SSS formula IMO has more suds and lubricity than the SSW formula. The "benefit" to the SSW is a little boost to the wax, which in theory should help it last longer than it would on it's own. As killr said, more useful for cars that aren't taken care of on a regular basis as it would "lengthen" the time in between waxings.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think Steve had mentioned when he made SSW is was more intended for people up north who needed a good wash that would add some quick protection.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that a wash and wax would not be capable of leaving behind any real protection.

Post Thanks / Like

heheh what a way for me to bring this back to the dead.. I think shampoop with wax would be great but wouldn't smell nice
    Quote Originally Posted by trhland View Post
    hes the one that asked what kind of sham poop does paul dalton use
    Might be a perfect time to try out Klumzy's "Shampoop" on carpet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast