autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Tesla Model X Cquartz Finest, Xpel, and DAT GLOSS!

I've gotten a reputation for being the Tesla guy in the area when it comes to detailing and protection needs. Well the Model X just came out and we've already worked on 4! This was the first one and we actually picked it up from the delivery center after the customer waited 3 years. He thought that rather than see his car before my work he would let us pick it up do our thing with it and then take it to him looking like a new car should. We had this X in the shop for 3 weeks because we took care of more than appearances. There a number of small issues we worked with Tesla on to fix as well. Lets get on with it!

Taking delivery of a car he waited almost 4 years for! This is a very early number Sig and the customers willingness to show patients and not even see the car... IS beyond me!

Cool presents when you pick one of these up!

Word got out that I had this Model X in the shop and workers from the Tesla store has never seen up close so they came over to check it out after I got back to the shop.

After washing, iron x, clay, spotless, reset decon process. Here is what the paint looked like!

After compounding big improvement!

Ta Da! So this went of for a while and if you want to see all the corrections shots feel free to check out my photo bucket album

Wheels were removed to clean and coat calipers and wheels were sent off to powder coat!

Custom Xpel install on the entire front end. Only kit piece used is on the front bumper. Again if want to see everything check out the album... Now to the fun part!! 4 weeks later, 80 man hours, and 4 coats of cquartz finest later!!! Drum roll please!!!!

Interior all coated with Cquartz Leather. Having used this product since it came out I have not once had the yellowing problem

Door go up!

Dat Gloss!

And thats how its done!!! Dlux on all the trim, wheels, calipers and windshield cowl! 4 layers of finest on paint and trim.

Thanks for looking
    Joseph Torbati
    Bay Area OCDetail

P.S. I think Tesla really nailed this color! Traditionally I would think of champagne or metallic gold colors being reserved for old people like Ronk when his back won't let him get in and out the vette anymore but this color looks great! Same service on above one. And you guys have time please check out my new web site and give me some thoughts. Still working on it but almost done! OCDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tesla Model X Cquartz Finest, Xpel, and DAT GLOSS!

Outstanding work on that Tesla, that customer made the right decision letting you ignite all surfaces to a untouchable level

Post Thanks / Like

You went straight to compounding or this was after test panels? Just curious as to why you went so aggressive as a Tesla we did only needed a single stage polish and it was already 3 weeks old. Maybe I missed something.

Post Thanks / Like

Great job as usual Joe. Did you use Essence on these?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamesboyy View Post
    Outstanding work on that Tesla, that customer made the right decision letting you ignite all surfaces to a untouchable level
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Phaze Automotive View Post
    You went straight to compounding or this was after test panels? Just curious as to why you went so aggressive as a Tesla we did only needed a single stage polish and it was already 3 weeks old. Maybe I missed something.
    I've corrected and coated over 800 Tesla model S, and this car only had 60 miles on it that I put on it driving it to the shop. There were deep sanding scratch clusters all over the car, and heavy rids that polish wouldn't touch.

You can see here all the swirls are gone and this was using a medium compound. But the Sanding clusters remained, so naturally we stepped up aggression to get those out. Always we try least aggressive first. For any Cquartz Finest job I get the paint as close to perfect as safely possible..... The other Model X's I worked on were in very similar condition, and its rare I see an S I can get away with a one step on to get it acceptable for a Pro coatings. Im Jelly you got one, I wish I would get that lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Great job as usual Joe. Did you use Essence on these?
    Thank you! And yeah essence is awesome! Love the glow it gets

Super Member DetailedByPrecision's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Joe awesome as usual. How was the paint for this model? Hard, medium, soft paint?

Click on image to view work

Post Thanks / Like

Just did one last week in pebble, amazing finishing touches on this car, well done!

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely done Mr. Tesla!

Post Thanks / Like

Great work. That gloss is ridiculous.

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely job! I can see why you got your rep as the Tesla guy.
    Yeah we all shine on, like the moon, and the stars, and the sun - John Lennon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast