autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shiny + Red + Italian = Smiles.. it's simple math - Ferrari F430 - Paint Correction - Attention to Detailing Peoria

Curious how Zach compares the Ruper mkii to the griots boss. I'm still debating on which, but find it hard to justify over my GG6 for weekend use.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shiny + Red + Italian = Smiles.. it's simple math - Ferrari F430 - Paint Correction - Attention to Detailing Peoria

Did the Ferrari guy told you that a whole car is covered with clear bra??? & this is what you was correcting - a transparent duct tape ???
    There is one stupid saying I heard many years ago:
    You can fool some people some time, but you can't fool all the people all the time. No comment.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work Zack!

Curios as to why you used Essence as a finishing polish and topped with a normal sealant rather than using a coating such as CQ to finish off with.

Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding job Zach! love viewing your work my friend!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Puckman View Post
    Zach, your 50/50 shots blow me away...every damn time! Beautiful work on a beautiful subject.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Priyaka View Post
    Awesome job on that shiny red thing

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    As is the norm for all your work.... looks GREAT!

Thank you, Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Mike View Post
    Beautiful.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeC78 View Post
    Awesome job as usual, Zach! Congrats on the new place. Is it open for visitors yet? Would love to stop by and check it out sometime...

Mike
    Hey Mike - thanks for the kind words! Get a hold of me sometime, you're welcome to stop by when I am in the shop working.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankS View Post
    Nice work!
    Thanks, frank!

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Great work Zach! Finish now is where it should be for such a fine automobile.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Awesome job Zach. Do you know what those exhaust tips are made of?
    Thanks.... they're made of metal In all honesty, I don't know the specifics... the owner mentioned something about it being coated in something or another, but that is all I've got. Didn't look into it much.

Quote Originally Posted by haris300 View Post
    Excellent work and documentation as always. Can't wait to get my hands on a MKII Rupes!
    Thanks! We're really like the MKII's so far.

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Curious how Zach compares the Ruper mkii to the griots boss. I'm still debating on which, but find it hard to justify over my GG6 for weekend use.
    Honestly, for a weekend warrior, I would spend the $400 elsewhere. The GG6 is a great machine that allows you to use 6", 5" and 3" backing plates. The 21mm machines can tackle larger jobs a little quicker, but if I wasn't spending the majority of my time polishing paint, I would invest in something that would save me more time overall... like a CR Spotless System

With that being said, we're using both the BOSS G21 and Rupes LHR21ES Mark II side-by-side lately, and both are great. I would not be unhappy if I were stuck with either one... the Rupes feels a little smoother in some cases, but they are very comparable in terms of performance in our experiences so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark Politur View Post
    Did the Ferrari guy told you that a whole car is covered with clear bra??? & this is what you was correcting - a transparent duct tape ???
    There is one stupid saying I heard many years ago:
    You can fool some people some time, but you can't fool all the people all the time. No comment.
    I'm not sure what this means.... the front end of this car was wrapped in clear bra (pretty obvious from the reflections on the front end of the car).

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    Nice work Zack!

Curios as to why you used Essence as a finishing polish and topped with a normal sealant rather than using a coating such as CQ to finish off with.
    Thanks, Mike! I'll be honest with you... I just like Essence Quick and easy to work with. I was originally planning on topping it with Reload, but then I felt like being nostalgic and broke out the BFWD. The vehicle was not coated because it sees maybe 1,000 miles per year (it is a 2005 with 9700 miles on it)... it never sees rain, it never sees snow... at the very worst it will run through a puddle. We will be maintaining the car on an annual basis as it belongs to the owner of the building we work in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicoupe View Post
    Outstanding job Zach! love viewing your work my friend!
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Mmmmmm, always wanted one of these!

Post Thanks / Like

Stunning work as always Zach....
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

the G21 packs plenty of punch and Griot's provide some excellent no nonsense customer service and not to mention a lifetime warranty as well...
    i am the jump starter.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast