autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2 Accords. 1 old busted beater, and also an '06

This one was definitely not easy.. They talked to me about doing it last week, and I was not looking forward to it. Was hoping to put it off a few weeks, but due to a last minute cancellation, I needed something to do, so I went ahead and tackled it yesterday..

Basic process:

Wash
    Clay with CM blue
    Wetsand key marks and other deep scratches with 3m 2000 grit
    Menz PG - LC twisted wool - Makita @ 1800-2000 over those areas. Also went ahead and hit the trunk and roof with the PG x 2as they were severely nasty. The etchings were still just too deep to remove, so I just let them be. Not enough money in this job to wetsand 1/2 the car.
    Menz SIP - LC Foamed wool - Makita @ 1400 x 2 over the whole car.. I finally got this combo to work for me, and it worked well.. Some minor holograms left at the end, but defect removal was great
    Menz 106ff - CCS white - Makita @ 1000 - 1200.. Finished off very nice.. Not a hint of a hologram anywhere in any light that I can find.
    Rewash - wheels, wells, & tires with CG's premium blue (first impression, I loved it). Presoak with CG CW+G @ 2oz/gal - regular 2 bucket wash - blow out all crevices with leaf blower, blot dry with Guzzler, QD wipe to get anything left over..
    Wells with AA foam, Tires with megs hotshine spray. Trim with B2B (I just want to get rid of it without throwing it away lol)
    Sealed with ultima PGP

Total time was right around 12hrs.

I apologize for these atrocities I'm going to call pictures.. I just have no luck when it comes to taking pictures.. Befores come first, all after washing/claying.

Afters taken this morning: (again, I apologize)

What key marks??

Next one is a cloud in the hood, not dust or a hologram

There are still some random deep scratches that were just too deep to go after.. And some etchings on the hood a trunk lid as well.. Overall, its 1000% better, but no
    amount of buffing would've perfected this one.. Wish the sun was up so I could get some flake pics.

Here's the '06.. No before pictures, It was dirty, but overall pretty good shape.

Wash
    Clay w/ megs smooth surface
    Wheels Tires & wells with Amazing roll off.
    Spot polish deeper scratches/marring & whole hood/trunklid with Menz SIP/Orange & green CCS 7.5"/Makita rotary @ 1500
    106ff/blue LC 7.5"/makita @ 1000 to ensure no holograms in those areas
    quick Wash again to remove any dust/oils
    Dress wells with AA foam
    tires dressed with megs hot shine
    Ultima Paint prep plus / PC7424 spd 6 / 5.5" orange over the whole car
    Ultima Paint Guard plus on everything (paint/trim/glass/lights/etc)

Also got a quick vac/interior & jamb wipedown somewhere in there.

Post Thanks / Like
    man that is some impressive work.... especially on the first vehicle!!!! I agree, 1000% better

Post Thanks / Like
    What can I say? WOW!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah that picture of the red one's door makes the paint look very deep and wet. I don't think you have anything to apologize for!
    Paul
    2000 Corvette
    1965 Chevelle

Post Thanks / Like
    Man that was some awesome work with the rotary. You do some quality work there. Dude you been holding out on me with your ability with the rotary. I could have been picking your brain about rotary use and tips all this time that I have been trying to learn on my own.

Really that is some really impressive work there. That Menzerna did an awesome job on the Honda.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great turnaround on that burgundy Honda! Those were some nasty scratches and defects.
    Great job with the '06 as well! Nice shine and reflections.
    Alban B-)
    2008 Ford F250 XLT 6.4L PSD, 4X4, SC, SB, Bedrug bedliner, Torza Trifold Tonneau cover, SS step bars / Dark Shadow Gray Metallic
    2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S / Inferno

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys for the comments.

The drivers door is where the "FU" key marks originally were, and when talking with the owner, that was the most important part that they wanted fixed.. I had their permission to get as aggressive as needed to get rid of it.

The only part of the car I wasn't happy with was the trunk lid and roof. Both had some severe etching that was just not going anywhere without sandpaper.. I got the paint to shine there, but I can still see the etching in direct sunlight. I really looks like what I would imagine acid rain to do to a car, although I cannot say for sure thats what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpacker92 View Post
    Man that was some awesome work with the rotary. You do some quality work there. Dude you been holding out on me with your ability with the rotary. I could have been picking your brain about rotary use and tips all this time that I have been trying to learn on my own.

Really that is some really impressive work there. That Menzerna did an awesome job on the Honda.
    Thanks alot! This is only my 3rd full car with the rotary from start to finish (still using the PC in tight spots around taillights, etc).. And quite a few spots on other cars as well. So I am no master by a long shot. And still learning everytime I pick it up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very good!!!
    -Goose
    2007 Avus Silver Audi RS4
    2018 Black Redline Edition Chevy Silverado

Post Thanks / Like
    wow !! awesome job nice and crisp reflections you got there
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast