autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Black G8- Testing Carpro Essence

So Saturday after the Autogeek cars and coffee I received a call from a friend who owns a black Pontiac G8. He decided to use a rotary buffer, wool pad and some rocks in a bottle compound to try to remove some defects on the hood. Luckily he stopped before it got too bad and I offered to come by with my stuff to at least get the hood corrected.

I didn't capture any of the defects in the hood but they were the normal holograms and even some sanding marks still left over. Luckily I was able to fix it with my makita rotary and some FG400 and a orange LC pro thin pad. Then I finished polished with my G21 and the BOSS perfecting cream. Once finished he truly realized that I knew what I was doing and that he had no business doing what he did. LOL!! Afterwards he decided to have me come back the next day and do the whole car.

Few pictures of me correcting the hood. Not my normal detailing outfit but I was rocking my Autogeek gear!

So luckily he had the car already prepped for me. Wash, clay, etc etc.. So all I needed to do was mask off areas and get to correcting. For this job I used my 3401, orange LC pro thin pad and Boss correcting cream. My Flex PE8 was used in the tighter areas.

Some 50/50s after compounding.

I wasn't coating this car but really wanted to test out Carpro Essence on this black beauty. Being that I will see this car often I went ahead and decided to use Essence with my G21, Boss perfecting pad. Then for something different I topped it with HD Poxy. All I can say so far is that Essence left a very glossy surface and was easy to work with. Since I was using it as a finishing polish I didn't really get to test it's cutting ability. Which I don't think that's what I will use it for anyway. It wiped off very easy too.

All done and topped with HD Poxy.

IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Black G8- Testing Carpro Essence

Love those G8's.... Looks great!

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

OMG--floor mat on the windshield!?!?

Great story, I'm not sure how you hadn't through osmosis convinced your friend before he even attempted that rotary/wool/rocks-in-bottle/black hood wasn't a good idea--he wasn't related to this guy, was he-- http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...job-300-a.html ?

Glad you made a convert out of him.

Post Thanks / Like

My buddy runs g8only. And having detailed two of them I've really began to take a liking! My friend Matt had one putting down 660whp on a cts v blower and cams/bolt ons.

Great work! And awesome save!

Post Thanks / Like

<< Once finished he truly realized that I knew what I was doing and that he had no business doing what he did. LOL!! Afterwards he decided to have me come back the next day and do the whole car. >>

You mean having seen your flawless GTO, he had not already realized that?

Yes, you definitely know what you are doing! Nice work. I am looking forward to getting to try Essence myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    OMG--floor mat on the windshield!?!?

Great story, I'm not sure how you hadn't through osmosis convinced your friend before he even attempted that rotary/wool/rocks-in-bottle/black hood wasn't a good idea--he wasn't related to this guy, was he-- http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...job-300-a.html ?

Glad you made a convert out of him.

Haha. Yeah that's actually a foam fender cover I believe. He had that there when I showed up to fix the hood. He is one to always try himself but admitted that it came and bit him in the rear!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    << Once finished he truly realized that I knew what I was doing and that he had no business doing what he did. LOL!! Afterwards he decided to have me come back the next day and do the whole car. >>

You mean having seen your flawless GTO, he had not already realized that?

Yes, you definitely know what you are doing! Nice work. I am looking forward to getting to try Essence myself.
    I think it was more that once he saw the actual process involved with different machines, pads, and compounds to do the job right that he was taken back a bit. Not necessarily that I didn't know what I was doing.

Post Thanks / Like

Right on Justin. Looking good!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great! Good job saving that one from the wrath of a rotary in untrained hands

Super Member Caleb@ImpeccableImage's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That looks incredible. How do you like the thin pads on your Flex 3401? I have used the Megs thin pads on mine and have found the burgandy to be the only one that does well as its very stiff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    Right on Justin. Looking good!
    Thanks Mike!!!

Quote Originally Posted by haris300 View Post
    Looks great! Good job saving that one from the wrath of a rotary in untrained hands
    Thank you sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb@ImpeccableImage View Post
    That looks incredible. How do you like the thin pads on your Flex 3401? I have used the Megs thin pads on mine and have found the burgandy to be the only one that does well as its very stiff.

I haven't had any issues with them to be honest. The orange and white LC thin pads work great. I typically use the CCS pads with my 3401 but these seem to work a bit better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast