autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow 2004 Lexus 470 BEASTLY REVIVAL - Pic Heavy

2004 Lexus 470 REVIVAL

Going back in time (5/2/15) to my 2nd professional detail and it was a big job.

The woman who owns this is actually very well organized and her house is very clean. Having 4 kids, the truck just got away from her and she never had time to clean it except for quick exterior washes.

She was my partner at work for a while and when I started my detailing business she was the first one I offered my services to. My price was a lot to her at the time, but she took a chance on me not having any idea what I could do, just trusting I’d do a good job. There were no discussions of specifics…only that I’d clean the interior and exterior and address her headlights.

I knew I’d get traction out of her detail if I did a good job. I was right. My before and after pics circulated around work and jump-started my good reputation.

Her concern was the interior so that was my focus, but the exterior was no picnic either. All the jams were nasty! The sort of dirt that has been there for years

At the time, I didn’t have my own hose. Turned out her nozzle was attached so tightly that it wouldn’t come off! So, I couldn’t use the Foam Gun. I had a mixture set up for a very dirty older car…car shampoo, a bit of DP APC and a bit of Bug Squash. Man, I wish I could have let the truck soak in the mix for a while.

Instead, I dumped the mix into one of the bucket and got to work. While she got it washed from time to time, the roof was horrible. The roof alone took 30+ minutes to get the caked on dirt out.

I’ll share my price down below for your enjoyment. Also note, I was taking care of my Father at the time and my commute to the detail was 90 minutes each way.

Day 1, I arrived at 7AM, left at 7:30PM. Day 2 I arrived at 7AM and left around 3PM.

Wash – Meguiars Gold Class / Chemical Guys Chenille Microfiber Premium Wash Mitt / Supreme Guzzler Waffle Weave / Werner Pro Deck Aluminum Work Platform /
    Bugs – Poorboy’s World Bug Squash/ Stoners Tarminator / Safe Scrub Bug and Tar Pad
    Wheels / Tires / Wheel Wells – Stoner’s Tarminator / Poorboy’s World Spray and Rinse Wheel Cleaner 1:2 / Detailers Pro Series Hi-Intensity APC 1:4 / Misc Brushes (no speed master as of this detail)/ Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel
    Paint – Iron X / Nanoskin Medium Mitt / D156
    Trim – D156
    Interior - McCulloch MC1385 / Folex / Chemical Guys Fabric Clean / DP Hi-Intensity APC / Bissell ProHeat / Cyclo Aqua Brush on PC 7424/ RIDGID WD1270 / 303 Aerospace Protectant / Lexol Leather Cleaner / Lexol Conditioner
    Glass – DP Krystal Vision Glass Cleaner / Waffle Weave Glass Towels
    Headlights / Foglights DP All In One Headlight Restoring Polish / 3 1/4 Inch Thin Foamed Wool Pad / Lake Country 3 Inch Drill Backing Plate /Makita XPH012 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 1/2-Inch Hammer Driver-Drill

Usually, I post before and after pics right next to each other, but in this case, I’ll do all the before pics first so you can get a good idea of how thoroughly dirty it was…

PICS CONTINUED....

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Re: 2004 Lexus 470 BEASTLY REVIVAL - Pic Heavy

PICS CONTINUED...

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Re: 2004 Lexus 470 BEASTLY REVIVAL - Pic Heavy

I was surprised the Iron X wasn’t more dramatic visually, but I could sure feel the effects on the paint.

So, my charge was $100. Now it would be around $400 for the same job, but I’d toss in an AIO polish. Early bird gets the worm!

At the time, I didn’t have Opti-Lens so headlights had the DP Headlight Protectant Spray put on and I’d do another light polish and Opti-Lens coat for free.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2004 Lexus 470 BEASTLY REVIVAL - Pic Heavy

Amazing work!!!

That vehicle was trashed and you made it look like new. Especially the interior, jambs and headlights...

She got a great deal for $100 especially with how much time you invested in this job. I hope this brings you a lot more business in the future.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing work. Besides jeeps, These Lexus SUV's are my next hated vehicle to work on just due to there sheer size and contours. You definetly made a good name for yourself just starting out!

Post Thanks / Like

Very, very nice indeed!! Maybe I missed it...how many hours? Even $400 seems to low.

Post Thanks / Like

What an amazing outcome. I bet she was more than ecstatic once she saw the finished product.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work you brought it back from rags to ritches.
    2016 TOYOTA TACOMA TRD OFF ROAD PACKAGE

Post Thanks / Like

wow now thats a family hauler nice job

Post Thanks / Like

Marc: Yep...it was a satisfying job though. I actually just posted the before/after pics on my facebook page. I'm in "soft launch" mode now. Once I build up a good enough portfolio I'll have a concentrated picture advertisement and a co-worker will make a video commercial for me.

Waiting on an Audi S4 and purple Challenger SRT8 to enter the portfolio later this month and early next.

Ryan: Yeah, man. From the outside, they don't seem so big at first glance.

Richy: 12.5hrs day 1, 8hrs day 2. 20.5hrs plus 3hr commute so 23.5hrs
    But...I also tend to be very slow. I was still working on my procedures at the time. I'd be more efficient now. I'm still in the phase of being too picky on daily drivers for the package level accepted.

I'm getting better at appropriate service for the price level.

The Bissell is very slow going...a quality extractor is in the wish list.

I also donate to charity on every transaction. Make-A-Wish or Wounded Warrior. In her case, I donated $15 to Make-A-Wish.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast