autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lexus HD Speed/Dr. Colorchip Save

I've used almost exclusively, Meguiar's #6 for 25+ years as my go to all in one. I've recently switched to 3D HD Speed. I'm looking for more opportunities to make a nice transformation like this Lexus had done to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lexus HD Speed/Dr. Colorchip Save

Quote Originally Posted by D Hull View Post
    Question, in what order did your process take. HD Speed leaves a layer of sealant. Did you put the Dr. Color Chip on top of the sealant And if you first went with Dr. Color Chip did the polish cut into the fresh paint. Thanks.
    So normally I do the Colorchip at the end of the process after polishing. But because these were so severe I felt that I wanted to do everything by the book using Dr Colorchips recommendations which include a prep solution. When using the prep solution, and step #2 it is known to leave a haze. When doing small tiny chips this is controllable therefore I do it at the end. Another reason why I like to do it at the end is because I've been around the car 3 or 4 times and can find every chip that needs filling. If you do it at the beginning inevitably you miss a bunch. So that was a long winded way of saying it all depends. Either way I always top the chips with either a coat of wax or a coating.

I waited about 35-40 min before I started polishing. There was 0 removal of paint during the polishing process.

Quote Originally Posted by WaxMaster1 View Post
    I've used almost exclusively, Meguiar's #6 for 25+ years as my go to all in one. I've recently switched to 3D HD Speed. I'm looking for more opportunities to make a nice transformation like this Lexus had done to it.
    HD speed corrects much better than any other AIO (IMO). You'll be quite pleased with the results.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12