autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My New DD 2016 Audi S4!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SKorch630 View Post
    Congrats on the S, and thank GOD you got rid of those stock wheels. How can anyone think those look appealing? UGH. I've had that AWE setup on my previous B7. I think you'll really like it. I also had the HR's, and was really impressed when coupled with bilsteins. Beautiful machine!
    I have the H&R Street Performance adjustable coilovers (springs paired with a set of threaded/height adjustable monotubes)... Not possible to pair with Bilsteins.

I'm not sure how I feel about the stock wheels. They're definitely not the prettiest things (for sure not better than the old rotors) but nor are they the worst. On the flip side, the AG M590s in that finish look so damn good, it's difficult for any stock rollers to compete at that level.

-DL

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't read you had the coils, my bad Just thought you had springs. Perhaps I missed it, but did you get an ECU tune yet? Check out APR. Their chips are amazing, I've had them in all 3 of my Audi's, and I wouldn't look anywhere else. Good luck! Looks like you have a nice list of stuff to keep you busy for a while

Post Thanks / Like

I had MTM on all 3 of my B5s... Loved it

I had APR on my B7 A4 (GT2871R with every other mod you can think of, including RFD delete). I HATED that tune. Granted, the car was running more than twice the power it had when stock, the drive-ability and cold-start issues really pissed me off. When a guy buys an $8,000 turbo/tune/injectors/pump/MAF/kit, he might have high expectations that it will work correctly right out of the box, with no shitting around (especially from an APR tech who can't grasp the fact that the tune isn't working despite the provided evidence and multiple conversations, the CEL is on for no intake runner flap, and the software wasn't correct). In the end, I wound up removing the RFD kit (which APR sold the hardware and software for) and threw that #### in the trash. Not impressed...

Regardless, GIAC/AWEs pulley for the 3.0T is slightly smaller than APRs (meaning the potential for more mechanical boost). Furthermore, GIAC has shown to consistently make more power than APR on the 3.0t platforms, specifically on the face-lift cars (2013 and newer). One of my best friends owns a GIAC dealer/tune shop, so the decision is all but finalized

I'm going to "attempt" to tell myself that I don't need a chip for the first 6 months, and no pulley in the first year... The crank/pulley/harmonic balancer failures in some 3.0T cars has me a bit worried and I want to make sure mine won't break right off the bat...

It'll be tough..

-DL

Post Thanks / Like

That's interesting. I had the 3076R. Unfortunately, 2 days after everything was buttoned up, it was hit head on. I don't have any experience with the 3.0, so I'll believe you there

Regardless, best of luck man. She's a beautiful machine.. Sure wish I could buy another right now

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah... Mine was dialed in once I ripped out the RFD tune and went with the standard APR III+ tune. Ran racefuel+meth through it 100% once I had the larger turbo (on the racefuel file, also). Thing ripped. But, that BS with the APR RFD stuff really upset me.

Sucks to read about your crash.

I ended up deciding to sell prior to moving to Germany for a 2 year expat assignment. My reasoning: Why continue to own an asset that is decreasing in value while getting little to no usage out of the thing?

New one should be just as reliably nutty... Hopefully.
    -DL

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. Nice ride and future plans seems great. Interested to see it play out!

My Flickr Page

Post Thanks / Like

For re-verification and point of reference:
    2016 S4 Prestige (Tech Package with B&O sound, Google maps, adaptive headlights, Audi SmartKey, color DIS, TPMS, AudiConnect, XM, etc. etc.)
    6-speed Manual Gearbox
    Daytona Grey Pearl Effect Paint
    Audi Sport Bucket Seats - Black Nappa Leather bolsters with Black Alcantara Inserts
    Black Optics/Titanium Edition
    Carbon Atlas Inlays
    Sports Differential
    Supercharged Badges
    Audi "Guard" mats (rubber trunk mat and floor mats with S4 logo)
    No front plate option
    AudiCare (free service expenditures first 45,000 miles)

Car also has Xpel Ultimate applied to the following:
    Full front bumper
    Full front fenders
    Full hood
    Mirror Caps
    Door Guards
    Door Pulls

At the dealership right before I drove it home. I was extreme tired. I had been up for 26 hours at that point after the international flight and other issues...

19 miles on the "clock" when I got it

When I was moved back from Germany (for work), I was relocated near to the same town where my parents live. Shaking with parents the next few weeks (which isn't horrid). My new apartment is not ready to move in for the next 3 weeks (one of them I will be in California). Would buy a house. But, not sure how long I'll be in this area, and it just doesn't "fit" my career. Plus, my parents could use the help. Mom just had knee-replacement surgery 3 weeks ago and is still somewhat recovering (she's a trooper).

Back at the parents place

Audi "guard" mats installed. Confirmed to support golf clubs and gain respect/comments from fellow golfers

Again, you can see the "guard" mats

The "business"

When a person buys a new car from Audi, Audi has a very cool way to deliver the new keys

Stay tuned!
    -DL

Post Thanks / Like

superb! enjoy!!

i have an Audi in that same color. it's lovely.

i applaud your tenacity to modify so quickly. i can't, especially to your extent anymore - the repair costs with voided warranties are just to high nowadays for me to risk it, but it's exciting to see people go for it!

i see you have those mats...but i highly recommend the 3D "Kagu" mats. i have them in all five positions in the aforementioned Audi and also a M-B...and they are sensational. i find them to be a significant upgrade over the option Audi mats.
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, judging by the quality mods he's chosen, and the quality choice in vehicle, I'd say he isn't too worried about cost of repairs

Post Thanks / Like

Stuff waiting around for me to get back from Germany!

Things starting to be laid-out and organized (also some cool stuff pictured that I brought back with me)

First thing that needs to be fixed/updated/modified...The stupid capped dipstick tube. As noted earlier, North American S4s do not come equipped with a dipstick to check engine oil level. Instead, Audi demands North American owners to check the oil levels through the MMI. Yeah....No.

RoW S4s get the dipstick. As a matter of fact, all North American S4s also have the dipstick tube installed, but with a capped end rather than the dipstick installed. Solution, remove the cap, and install the RoW dipstick

Finished

-DL

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast