autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: First Experience With DuraGloss ... WOW!

Getting interested in DG again. Long time user in the soap, aquawax and absorb (fav among odor neutralizer). Is the correct mix ratio 1 part 601 and 3 part 105 (or 501)? Or 1 part 601 and 4 part other? I'm assuming 105 (auto) and 501 (boat/RV) is similar with 501 stronger cleaners / lasting longer with mold and mildew inhibitors? Is there a benefit in using the 105/501 right after each other? Does 111 provide the "wet" look as per their advertisement? Or more of a FK1000 look?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kbmag1 View Post
    Getting interested in DG again. Long time user in the soap, aquawax and absorb (fav among odor neutralizer). Is the correct mix ratio 1 part 601 and 3 part 105 (or 501)? Or 1 part 601 and 4 part other? I'm assuming 105 (auto) and 501 (boat/RV) is similar with 501 stronger cleaners / lasting longer with mold and mildew inhibitors? Is there a benefit in using the 105/501 right after each other? Does 111 provide the "wet" look as per their advertisement? Or more of a FK1000 look?
    It's 1:4. I think 111 is more glossy/hard candy rather than wet. 105 is the deeper/wax look. I don't notice any difference using the products together vs. separately. In regards to 105 vs 501, I think 105 lasts a bit longer and looks a bit better but doesn't clean as well. 105 still cleans really well though; I've used it to clean plastic multiple times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

Post Thanks / Like

back in the day on the OG Autopia forum (10+ years ago) i remember when DG was first discussed and the one product that got raves was aquawax and for good reason. all the DG products i've used have been pretty solid and they are reasonably priced as well with no fancy marketing/advertising and outrageous price gouging. lately i've been using dg rinseless wash w/aquawax (10:1 dilution ratio) again and forgot how awesome it is...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kbmag1 View Post
    111 has the sealant look- super glassy. One of my favorites. 105 is a really good chemical cleaner that has more of a carnauba look than 111 and it will last longer than 501 (but you won't get any correction from it).

Post Thanks / Like

I know this is a 2 year old thread. Hopefully I'll get some views and suggestions. I'm convinced to try Dura Gloss after reading this and similar threads. In the past in prepping the daily drivers for sealer /wax I would Wash with ONR or something else if car was really dirty, then Clay Bar with Meg's Clay, use Griot's One Step Cleaner-Sealant followed Collinite Wax.

Vehicles are a 2011 Nissan Murano Graphite Silver that's new to us and unknown what products are on it. It was garaged and only has 50K miles.
    2008 White Chevy Malibu has been corrected and waxed with the above process by me.
    1998 Green Ford Ranger Green paint needs corrected first. I did when I first got it, but it's been ignored.

1996 SVT Mustang Cobra paint in excellent shape 52K miles Black paint always garaged Sunny Day Only car. Needs washed for dust then Duragloss. Currently has 3 coats of Ultima PGP Wipe and Walk Away, Washed with ONR, touched up using Croftgate Quick n Slick spray wax that's no longer available to me. Both of my contacts stopped repping the line. I liked it a lot, but I thought it was high priced.

Since the Dura Gloss Sealant wants direct paint contact what should I use in place of the Griot's 1 step which will leave it's own sealant? Thanks, Spiney-Dave
    Learning to detail for fun and to show my 96 Ford SVT Cobra, Black. My dad always said I was going to wax the paint right off my car. Would wax every weekend. GG 6" DAP

Post Thanks / Like

DG 101, DG 501 and to a lesser extent 105 are all an AIO, so they will clean the paint, lightly polish and leave a DG sealant on the paint. You can follow up with DG 111 which is a finishing sealant. For longer durability and quicker cure times, you can mix each with DG 601. 4 parts of any of the 501, 101, 105 or 111 with 1 part 601, and you are good to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiney View Post
    Since the Dura Gloss Sealant wants direct paint contact what should I use in place of the Griot's 1 step which will leave it's own sealant? Thanks, Spiney-Dave
    Griot's Correcting Cream.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad the noobs are enjoying the DG products but just a heads up, when you mix the #601 with any of the #101/105 or #111 make sure you use it up right away as I remember it gives the product a short shelf life. If this is the case, maybe apply a 2nd coat or if you don't have enough left over maybe hit the hood/roof/trunk or maybe the glass just to use it up and because the #601 is mixed in there it makes layering allowable WITHOUT any cure time. I almost reached for some DG this weekend because I've been thinking about going down memory lane once again but then I thought about a new "coating light" I needed to get around to trying, so memory lane will have to wait another day.

Once again, congrats to you guys for trying DG, its one of the most underated products out there, along with Klasse sealant glaze!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    ... but just a heads up, when you mix the #601 with any of the #101/105 or #111 make sure you use it up right away as I remember it gives the product a short shelf life.
    Yep, says right on their bottle to use the mix within 2 hrs.

10. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually never read the back of the bottle, read the tip here years ago and didn't know that DG themselves even advocated mixing the 2 products together like thatFirst Experience With DuraGloss ... WOW!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast