autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: First Experience With DuraGloss ... WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by RPPM View Post
    DG 101, DG 501 and to a lesser extent 105 are all an AIO, so they will clean the paint, lightly polish and leave a DG sealant on the paint. You can follow up with DG 111 which is a finishing sealant. For longer durability and quicker cure times, you can mix each with DG 601. 4 parts of any of the 501, 101, 105 or 111 with 1 part 601, and you are good to go.
    If you were to go this route, which of the Sealants would you use? I will be buying and mixing with the DG 601 and when I get the time probably topping off with Collonite Wax. I'll be applying the Sealant with a Griot's GG6. What pad and speed should I apply the sealant with? Thanks.
    Learning to detail for fun and to show my 96 Ford SVT Cobra, Black. My dad always said I was going to wax the paint right off my car. Would wax every weekend. GG 6" DAP

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to make a quick suggestion, when applying DG products as far as #101/105/111 and/or mixed with #601 I feel hand application is better. These products go on so thin that when using a machine it's going on and being removed at the same time, easy to miss something IMOFirst Experience With DuraGloss ... WOW!First Experience With DuraGloss ... WOW!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

3. Likes Larry A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: First Experience With DuraGloss ... WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I'd like to make a quick suggestion, when applying DG products as far as #101/105/111 and/or mixed with #601 I feel hand application is better. These products go on so thin that when using a machine it's going on and being removed at the same time, easy to miss something IMOFirst Experience With DuraGloss ... WOW!First Experience With DuraGloss ... WOW!

OK, I'll give that a try. Normally I wouldn't use a machine to apply but for 2 reasons. 1) I have a lot of pain issues from 3 back surgeries and a failed neck surgery and 2) for me my wife's Murano is a big vehicle to detail. I was spoiled by our Subaru Outback and my 96 SVT Cobra is not large either. My 98 Ranger is in between with not a lot of high roof level metal to deal with. But I don't want to fool myself and not leave it on long enough to do anything. Thanks for the Tip!
    Learning to detail for fun and to show my 96 Ford SVT Cobra, Black. My dad always said I was going to wax the paint right off my car. Would wax every weekend. GG 6" DAP

5. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Completely understand but careful with all the putting the machine down and picking it back up and the vibration that goes along with most machines, don't wanna activate it more but you surely know thisFirst Experience With DuraGloss ... WOW!

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345