autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Yet another 2015 SCAT, in phantom black

This car was a nightmare. It was a showroom sale car so the amount of filler and TOG was just fantastic. Car was in for a Americana Americoat and Black Pearl. I THOUGHT the car was in good shape, picked it up Friday night, washed it Saturday and started the polishing step Sunday. There were some pretty deep scratches here and there but from what i was seeing under my halogens and overheads I thought it looked good. So here was the process:

Megs Gold Class for a wash
    Sonax FE for the rims, opticleant and Zep Citrus for the tires, Citrus on the wells.
    Iron X and medium grade nanoskin for decon.

In for a wash:

Sonax doing its thing:

Some wax the other guy left me:

For polishing I was trying out Americana Ameridepth polish on a white hybrid pad. After a test spot I thought it was going to work well. I went to town.

Got the whole car polished, pulled it out to look at it and make sure I got everything. I am not sure what in the world happened but the car looked like absolute crap. I mean it looks like I sanded the car. Here were the awesome sun shots:

Well by now I am in panic mode. I had a full detail of a small SUV yesterday and was lazy so I didn't wash my pads after, so now I have burned through about 15 white pads, leaving me 7. So back in the garage to see what I can do, posted on the forum and got a hit saying to try megs UC or UP. I tried good ole menz 2500 under LED lights. This combo fixed whatever in the world happened.

So 4 passes with a white pad and Menz 2500 I corrected down to this:

Not 100% but sure was much better. I ended up hitting the whole care with 2500 and followed (based on another members suggestion) with Menz 4000 on a black pad. Pulled it back out, boom, much better. Back to the garage and sprayed with prep all to remove the oils. Coated with Americana Americoat. By now the sun was overcast but the car still looked fantastic. Little work finishing up back home she went.

Final product:

Thanks for the look!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yet another 2015 SCAT, in phantom black

John, it looks great now! Good lesson on having clean pads. Bloody shame you had to eat the time to re-polish it. I bet the guy was just thrilled with how it turned out!

Post Thanks / Like

Car looks great! Nice job my friend

Post Thanks / Like

He was for sure thrilled, the car looked fantastic! I actually used clean pads the first time around but was running low. I keep a good stock on white hybrids! I am not sure if I just didn't give the polish enough time to break down since it is DAT? But nothing like polishing the same car twice in the same day! I had every intention of washing my own car yesterday when I was done with his! I made sure last night to finish washing ALL my pads to get ready for next weekend!