autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

1996 Chevy Corvette Grand Sport - Paint Correction & Opti-Coat Pro by Mr. Sparkle Detailing - Long Island, NY

Recently got a call to work on a rare 1996 Corvette Grand Sport. Client was interested in paint correction and a protective coating. Given the age of the car it was best to first do an inspection at my shop under the LED lights.

Upon inspection it was swirled up, but not butchered. The owner understood that the final product would not be perfect, but damn close. We set a date for a multi step paint correction to be finished off with Opti-Coat Pro

Started things off with the usual wash & decon (IronX & Trix) followed up with clay magic blue and later megs red clay. All sorts of little specs stuck to the paint and likely there for years. Did not give up easily.

Brought the vette center stage, taped off the trim, and got to work. Like many Corvettes before it, the paint on this vehicle was very hard. Had to hammer down with:

Flex PE Rotary + LC purple wool + Shine Supply "Flat Top"
    Flex & Griots DA + LC Tangerine + Menz Power Finish
    Flex & Griots DA + LC white + Opti Coat Primer Polish

What you've been waiting for. Before and after photos. Inspection under LED lighting

Hood

Passenger Door

Rear quarter panel

Trunk Lid

After install of Opti-Coat Pro, a couple glory shots

Because the 90s are still cool around here (I still sag my pants a little - sorry mom) in the Mr. Sparkle Garage - Long Island, New York

Mr. Sparkle Detailing.com
    Mr. Sparkle Detailing Inc. - Owner / Operator
    http://www.mrsparkledetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1996 Chevy Corvette Grand Sport - Paint Correction & Opti-Coat Pro by Mr. Sparkle Detailing - Long Island, NY

Beautiful job my friend

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1996 Chevy Corvette Grand Sport - Paint Correction & Opti-Coat Pro by Mr. Sparkle Detailing - Long Island, NY

Looks awesome. I love those models GS's. The money spent on the detail was a great investment by the owner.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great!

Post Thanks / Like

nice work .

Post Thanks / Like

I just had to skip right down and see that BEAUTIFUL color all polished out! Man I want to paint my Formula that color!!!
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful work on that blue Vette! That paint really sparkles now!

Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! Little over 2 days put into this including full interior with steam and the coating install. Sounds like it was worth the effort!
    Mr. Sparkle Detailing Inc. - Owner / Operator
    http://www.mrsparkledetailing.com