autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2015 Porsche 911 Turbo S: Drive a new car everyday | Ceramic Pro 9H Permanent Coating | XPEL Ultimate |

Brand new Porsche gets delivered for the "ultimate car delivery package." This combines a permanent paint coating, with the best self healing clear paint film from XPEL guaranteed for 10 years. We are now able to provide customers a full line of paint protection options to suit any customer's needs.

This process takes over a week to complete and includes a top coating with one of my signature products. The coating has a lifetime paint guarantee and xpel comes with a 10 year warranty for materials, install and labor.

Here's the process from start to finish. After the film is applied, the customer keeps the car garaged for a week to let the adhesives cure. After that time all of our 9H packages include a complimentary follow up detail and a top coating of the film.

We started by inspecting the vehicle carefully for factory clear paint defects and major defects. There were lots of “dust nibs” that needed to be knocked down and polished out to ensure the PPF lays flat on the surface.

Here’s an easy one to take a picture of… there was quite a few all over the vehicle.

Deeper scratches on the hood that require a bit more work.

After sanding down I spot buffed the spots:
    Flex Rotary 4” Backing
    LC Purple Wool & M105

And for full vehicle paint correction:

FLEX 3401
    LC Orange & FG400
    LC White & SF4000
    LC Black & M205

It is standard practice to clay bar before XPEL paint film is installed, we take it further by offering a permanent scratch resistant finish to compliment the bra!

2015 Porsche 911 TurboS

After priming the surface, I begin installing the nano coating. I stopped at 3 coats to be sure I had enough for the rest of the car. I also leave it for a day before moving on to PPF. Here is the coating beading a 91% IPA soloution the next morning.

On to the lift!

A look at the hood BEFORE we apply XPEL ultimate PPF. The depth of gloss and shine is amazing!

Removing headlights and badges. XPEL Factory Trained professionals are trained to wrap all possible edges and make film look completely invisible! Im sure we’ve seen enough clear bras that come up to edge, and then we see a rock chip on the hood that isn’t protected. Sad :[

Film installation at XPEL Houston
    Lol… needless to say we didn’t need to clay bar or wash before installing the film. IPA and a squeegee and we’re ready to go. Saves you time during install! #beads

Even high viscosity gels had a hard time keeping together on Ceramic Pro. Liquid gel starting to bead up.

All edges go beyond the body line to custom fit bras to be less noticeable.

Hand installed, hand trimmed.

Edgless.

Film applied, you can see the extra edge of the film hanging off the hood. The clarity and gloss of this film is incredible!

Edges are carefully wrapped in. Badges are removed and the film is wrapped under, no more emblem edges!

Complete exterior nano coating makes every surface bead and clean easier.

While we allow the film to cure in the front of the car, we take this chance to look over the vehicle. This bumper was not wrapped yet to show the gloss prior to applying film.

Mean time I’m applying a few more coats of 9H to the wheel faces.

IG: #dailydetailer @htx_dailydetailer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2015 Porsche 911 Turbo S: Drive a new car everyday | Ceramic Pro 9H Permanent Coating | XPEL Ultimate |

After finishing the full vehicle wrap over the next few days, the car is set inside for a few days to allow the adhesives to set up without the harsh sun. The customer has set a follow up date after 7 days for us to inspect the film as well as applying a top coat of 9H.

The car wasn’t driven so I can save the long, boring, car wash pictures. Pictures are after we top coated the entire vehice’s film with 9H. The film will be even more self cleaning, more resistant to the elements, and a better than factory shine for the life of the paint.
    Thanks for reading!

2015 Porsche 911 TurboS

2015 Porsche 911 TurboS

2015 Porsche 911 TurboS

Awesome dog!

Bonus picture to bring in the new year! Amazing stuff coming up in 2015!

918 Spyder

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2015 Porsche 911 Turbo S: Drive a new car everyday | Ceramic Pro 9H Permanent Coating | XPEL Ultimate |

Beautiful work on a beautiful car!

I really wish my lifestyle was Nanotechnology

Post Thanks / Like

Stunning work, great photography, very rich in details... I can't remember seeing paint protection taken to an extreme like this before, prime job.

Thanks a lot for sharing,

Kind Regards.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

The Expel website specifically states that it should not be applied on top of coatings like Opti-Coat and CQuartz. Is there something different about Ceramic Pro that makes it OK?

What is the proposed advantage of applying a coating under a film that is guaranteed for 10 years and then applying a 2nd coat on top of the film?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    The Expel website specifically states that it should not be applied on top of coatings like Opti-Coat and CQuartz. Is there something different about Ceramic Pro that makes it OK?

What is the proposed advantage of applying a coating under a film that is guaranteed for 10 years and then applying a 2nd coat on top of the film?
    Good questions, I was curious about that too?
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful job!

Post Thanks / Like

This is completely different product than Opticoat or C.Quartz.

The advantage of the nano coating on top of the film is the same concept as anything other surface. More gloss, more protection, less (faster) maintenance. Touchless car washes will work now And since i am a certified vendor of both products i can grantee the performance of both products.

Here is a Panamera we tested over a year ago as a private test vehicle, the film is still beading coming into 2015

Why Coat Before XPEL? Additional gloss, protection of your paint against PPF adhesives, and a guarantee your paint coating will perform for the life of the paint even after the film is removed. (Which is protected by a ppf, great marriage of product). Audi RS7 I did coated with Ceramic Pro 9H is now has full vehicle XPEL PPF for its extreme driving conditions. We had to redo the doors and pulling off film could NOT be easier and all the properties of the coating were still apparent.

And the gloss from the 911 badge should be more than enough to convince customers that doubt the texture and shine of PPF. I was very focused on the clarity of paint on a very difficult color to shoot.

Thank you for the feed back on new years! Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job on that beautiful 991! I see you're in Houston as well. Looks like you guys are doing top notch work

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic work .... next time I buy a new Porsche I would have to seriously consider bringing it to you !!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast