autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Gorgeous 2007 Cayman S

This customer had really done his homework prior to contacting me. He knew he wanted CQF for his baby..a 2007 Porsche Cayman S. His baby indeed->this car does not get driven in rain! The wheels on the car are painted the same colour as the car...a stunning metallic bright blue. It was recommended and agreed upon to pull the wheels to coat the barrels and the red calipers. I was looking forward to doing this car for several weeks. He was going away on vacation and left it with me for a week.

Here is the car as it arrived. It was dirty but nothing too severe.

There was going to be quite a few small chips that needed filling.

The wheels were in pretty good shape except for some very stubborn tar!

These exhaust tips would need some turning around.

First up was to clean the wheels, tires, barrels.

The barrels were cleaned with Tarminator and my large Daytona brush. It was the first time that combo failed to remove tar. Big, evil, chunks were remaining. Thankfully they were going to be removed so an intensive cleaning could cure that.
    The barrels were then cleaned with Zep Citrus and my small Daytona brush.
    The faces were cleaned with a small brush and Zep Citrus as well as a wash mitt and DG 901.
    The tires were cleaned with Zep 505.
    The wells were cleaned with LATA.

The car was then hand washed with DG 901.

That was followed up with a decontamination wash using IronX paste.

The car was then brought inside and was blown off using my Master Blaster. The car was then clayed using a Speedy prep towel.

Next up was to remove the wheels. I consulted the owner's manual to confirm the wheel torque specs that were followed upon re-installation using my torque wrench.

The barrels, once removed, were given an intensive cleaning using both Tarminator and TarX. There were some big chunks of tar that were difficult to remove. Here's an example:

Once removed, it was given a light polish using my Megs DA and a 4" yellow B/S pad + Reflect. That stage was followed with a cleaning using DG Squeaky Clean to ensure a proper bond of the CQF which I applied in a double coat to the barrels. Here are 2 examples of barrels all done:

The faces were touched up with paint if needed (done absolutely first to ensure long enough dry time) and then cleaned afterward with DG SC and then double coated with CQF. Here is one all done:

I also cleaned the calipers with Tarminator if needed and then with DG SC and they were also given a double coat of CQF. The plastic wells were cleaned further with ONR and then were coated using the DG beta trim coating. Here is that stage all done:

Here is an example of chips that got filled on some of the wheels:

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gorgeous 2007 Cayman S

This customer had really done his homework prior to contacting me. He knew he wanted CQF for his baby..a 2007 Porsche Cayman S. His baby indeed->this car does not get driven in rain! The wheels on the car are painted the same colour as the car...a stunning metallic bright blue. It was recommended and agreed upon to pull the wheels to coat the barrels and the red calipers. I was looking forward to doing this car for several weeks. He was going away on vacation and left it with me for a week.

Here is the car as it arrived. It was dirty but nothing too severe.

There was going to be quite a few small chips that needed filling.

The wheels were in pretty good shape except for some very stubborn tar!

These exhaust tips would need some turning around.

First up was to clean the wheels, tires, barrels.

The barrels were cleaned with Tarminator and my large Daytona brush. It was the first time that combo failed to remove tar. Big, evil, chunks were remaining. Thankfully they were going to be removed so an intensive cleaning could cure that.
    The barrels were then cleaned with Zep Citrus and my small Daytona brush.
    The faces were cleaned with a small brush and Zep Citrus as well as a wash mitt and DG 901.
    The tires were cleaned with Zep 505.
    The wells were cleaned with LATA.

The car was then hand washed with DG 901.

That was followed up with a decontamination wash using IronX paste.

The car was then brought inside and was blown off using my Master Blaster. The car was then clayed using a Speedy prep towel.

Next up was to remove the wheels. I consulted the owner's manual to confirm the wheel torque specs that were followed upon re-installation using my torque wrench.

The barrels, once removed, were given an intensive cleaning using both Tarminator and TarX. There were some big chunks of tar that were difficult to remove. Here's an example:

Once removed, it was given a light polish using my Megs DA and a 4" yellow B/S pad + Reflect. That stage was followed with a cleaning using DG Squeaky Clean to ensure a proper bond of the CQF which I applied in a double coat to the barrels. Here are 2 examples of barrels all done:

The faces were touched up with paint if needed (done absolutely first to ensure long enough dry time) and then cleaned afterward with DG SC and then double coated with CQF. Here is one all done:

I also cleaned the calipers with Tarminator if needed and then with DG SC and they were also given a double coat of CQF. The plastic wells were cleaned further with ONR and then were coated using the DG beta trim coating. Here is that stage all done:

Here is an example of chips that got filled on some of the wheels:

Post Thanks / Like

Now the fun part: polishing paint. My goal was perfection. I used the Megs finishing mf + M205 + Rupes on the hood and although it removed most of the swirls, it did not remove all. I then stepped up to my TB black wool + M105 + Flex 3401. That was followed by white B/S + M205 + Flex. I tried a blue B/S to see if I could get some more gloss, but the white actually gave better results. I also filled in many, many chips on the front bumper and lower hood area.

The exhaust was hand polished using a mf + M205. The head and tail lights were polished in 2 stages as above. The car was then wiped down with Eraser to ensure a proper bond. The windshield got a double coat of Fly-By-30 whereas the rest of the glass received a double coat of CQF. The head and tail lights, exhaust tips and paint all received a double coat of CQF. The wiper cowl was treated with DLux. The tires were shot via my spray gun with Opti Bond @ 100%. The paint was then shot with ReLoad the following day.

Here she is 16.5 hours later:

My "money" shot, LOL.

Reflection Shots:

Thanks for looking!

Post Thanks / Like

Great job as always richy. Really made that metallic blue pop.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    Now the fun part: polishing paint. My goal was perfection. I used the Megs finishing mf + M205 + Rupes on the hood and although it removed most of the swirls, it did not remove all. I then stepped up to my TB black wool + M105 + Flex 3401. That was followed by white B/S + M205 + Flex. I tried a blue B/S to see if I could get some more gloss, but the white actually gave better results.
    it seems like there isn't anything this combo can't handle, eh?
    nice work rich, always going above and beyond...

Post Thanks / Like

http://s156.photobucket.com/user/rho..._5793.jpg.html

Love this shot. Looks beyond perfect! Great work Richy.

Post Thanks / Like

Great work, Love the body lines on the Cayman sporty but sexy. Love the painted wheels nice touch,

Post Thanks / Like

Great work on a beautiful car!

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing work Richy! The Cayman looks stunning!
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Richy, great work as always and a great write up.

HUMP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast