autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Show 'N Shine: Porsche Panamera (Part 3) Paint correction and protection!

This is Part 3 of my multi-installment Show 'N Shine. I was recently entrusted with a 2013 Porsche Panamera Platinum Edition. I had known the owner for a while and he seemed happy with his current mobile guy (won't call him a detailer), because he would come to the house and knock out all of his cars and was fairly inexpensive. It is with much regret that with a little bit of well placed and timely educational conversation that he finally "saw", and became very "aware" of the damage being inflicted on his car. I've said it MANY times that you don't need to "sell" your services but just to educate your client BECAUSE "once seen, it cannot be unseen". He did contact me eventually and came by the shop one day and we discussed at length the restoration and protection. He was a little taken aback with the technical jargon but eventually understood. We made plans and took possession of the car. We agreed on a full wheel off paint correction. There was also some concerns over dye transfer to his driver seat which was taken care of. We dealt with all issues in our multi-thread showcase so incase you have missed it, click on the following link to see what took place:

Part 1: How to clean and protect wheels like a Boss!

Part 2: How to clean, correct, and protect lenses, windows and leather

The Inspection Process:

After a thorough "bath" the car was inspected. Overall it was in decent shape without major body damage. There were a few inconspicuous rock chips, plenty of scratches and swirls and way too many RIDS (sad, sad!!)

Paint readings were taken showing "healthy" readings, making it possible for us to be a little more aggressive (trying to achieve Flawless results)

Several tests spots were done in order to select the best method of addressing the defects

All the badges were detailed

The Inspection and Results:

The paint was corrected in a multi-step polishing (compound and polishing), and post polishing inspection was done via a variety of light. The protection selected was CQuartz Finest Enjoy the result! I would love to give you a full breakdown of what it took to create these results, but I am very limited on time. Let's say that I threw the book at it, in an attempt to secure his collection

The obligatory sun shots

..... and the rest of the glamour shots!

And finally the goodbye picture as the owner drove her away!!

Hope you enjoyed! Feel free to post comments, ask questions etc... I will be glad to answer as time permits (my real work is kicking me in the butt these days)

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Show 'N Shine: Porsche Panamera (Part 3) Paint correction and protection!

Beautiful work. Is that the Macadamia Brown color? My Boxster is that color and the paint is absolutely stunning when it's polished. Pictures never do that color justice.

Post Thanks / Like

Come on Claude, you hit this one out of Earth!

The series of threads was not only a pleasure to follow but also instigating while very educational.

The first paragraph of this thread summed with the First Picture speaks high volume!

At the end, you've shown why you're 'The Boss', any adjective here would be too little for the work presented.

Thank you so much taking your time sharing this work with us,

Have a nice day!
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that is a beautiful car. The paint is stunning now. Great job!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by diablojota View Post
    Beautiful work. Is that the Macadamia Brown color? My Boxster is that color and the paint is absolutely stunning when it's polished. Pictures never do that color justice.
    I am not 100% on the color but I believe I remember something in the nut family, something like Chestnut maybe? I completely agree with you that the color is better appreciated in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Tato View Post
    Come on Claude, you hit this one out of Earth!

The series of threads was not only a pleasure to follow but also instigating while very educational.

The first paragraph of this thread summed with the First Picture speaks high volume!

At the end, you've shown why you're 'The Boss', any adjective here would be too little for the work presented.

Thank you so much taking your time sharing this work with us,

Have a nice day!
    You are making me blush....seriously! I am humbled by the accolades. I do enjoy working on nice cars and enjoy sharing with you guys. Whenever a client does not have all the superlatives to express his gratitude I can always depend on you guys to uplift me.

Quote Originally Posted by whavens View Post
    Wow, that is a beautiful car. The paint is stunning now. Great job!!!
    Thanks bud! It is with great pleasure that I share with my AGO family.

Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoyed your series of write ups. Outstanding work on a beautiful ride my friend

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I'm speechless over here Claude. I don't know what to say. You have me stunned. This is truly a bar setter.

Fantastic work. I thoroughly enjoyed your approach as you broke it down into three different post. It kept this detail very interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sicoupe View Post
    Enjoyed your series of write ups. Outstanding work on a beautiful ride my friend
    I am glad you enjoyed it. If I can get a forum veteran to stay interested with my "special presentation" then I am happy. I agree that it is a beautiful ride. Can't wait to go pick her up for her first maintenance wash

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    Wow, I'm speechless over here Claude. I don't know what to say. You have me stunned. This is truly a bar setter.

Fantastic work. I thoroughly enjoyed your approach as you broke it down into three different post. It kept this detail very interesting.
    Come on Mike, I don't want you to be speechless!! Since you are in Porsche manufacturing territories, you need to "voice" to them your excitement at what I did to their product so they can send me a special invite (We could hang out LOL!)

In all seriousness, thanks for the compliment. I've seen your work brother and there is nothing in my work that should render you stunned or speechless. I am just glad that I can contribute to our community, and do appreciate the positive feedback. So Thank You!

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Loving it Claude... just loving it dude!

Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding Claude!!!!

I really enjoyed the 3 part approach......made it very entertaining to say the least.

I know it takes a lot of time not only to detail......but to document and prepare a show and shine, takes a bunch of time....and I appreciate you taking the time to share with all of us here.

thank you!!
    Tim
    "I have done so much with so little for so long.
    Now I can do anything with nothing"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast