autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Show 'N Shine: Porsche Panamera (Part 2) How to clean and protect your lens & windows and Leather!

This is Part 2 of my multi-installment Show 'N Shine on the paint correction I recently did on a 2013 Porsche Panamera Platinum Edition. If you have missed the first installment, click on the following link:

Part 1: How to clean and protect wheels like a Boss!

The Inspection of the Glass and Lenses

As you can see, the glass was riddled with mineral deposits (water spots), and the lenses showed much of the same abuse as the rest of the car (as you will see in the next installment). Having several options on hands I started my testing process. Spotless did remove a little of the minerals but much of it remained. I did have some Ceriglass on hand (and rayon pads) but felt that the issue could be resolved using a lesser aggressive approach. I finally settled on a LC flat yellow pad with Menzerna FG400 on my Flex 3401. As for the lenses, they were corrected with a LC Orange pad and Menzerna PF2500 on the Rupes 21.

The Process and Results

Before I get asked.... NO I did not tape the paint. The reason is that my preliminary testing of the paint showed that I was dealing with a medium hard clear coat, so any "kissing" of the pad would not (and did not) hurt the paint. Now if I would have used Ceriglass...... that would have been a no brainer

The protection for the glass was provided by Carpro FlyBy30. My previous go-to coating for glass was Pinnacle Black Label glass coating, however I found the durability to be less than desirable. After much frustrations with many vehicles I decided to venture out and try something new. Wish me luck! As for the lenses, they were coated with Finest, along with the car!

BONUS footage

Since it would be silly to have a dedicated thread for 4 pictures, let me add them to this thread. In addition to all the exterior cosmetic issues (and enhancements) we did, we were asked to look at an issue that had been plaguing the owner, which was the dye transfer on the driver seat.

The process of removing it was fairly simple. We started with Leather Master Dye Transfer Cleaner which was followed and neutralized with Leatherique cleaner. The seat was properly dried. We tested Carpro's Fabric and Leather in an inconspicuous area (since it is light colored leather) and it was found to be safe. The F&L coating is toted to protect and provide stain resistance, so I decided to use her as my guinea pig. Prior to this experience with CPFL, I've used the Pinnacle Black Label leather coating and did not have much success with dye transfer so hopefully Carpro Fabric and Leather will excel where PBL leather coating did not.

AFTER

Here is a little tease of what is to come in the 3rd and last installment!!

Thanks for reading! As always I welcome comments, questions and suggestions!

Product list:
    Menzerna FG400
    Menzerna PF2500
    Lake Country Flat Pads (yellow and orange)
    Carpro FlyBy30
    CarPro Fabric and Leather

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Show 'N Shine: Porsche Panamera (Part 2) How to clean and protect your lens & windows and Leather!

Very Nice!

waiting for installment #3!
    Tim
    "I have done so much with so little for so long.
    Now I can do anything with nothing"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Show 'N Shine: Porsche Panamera (Part 2) How to clean and protect your lens & windows and Leather!

Beautiful work Claude! That glass combo looked to be about perfect in performance.

Cant wait to see the third and final installment.

Post Thanks / Like

As always excellent work Dr though you are killing us we wanna see thee last installment haha

Super Member Pinpoint_Precision's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Love it!
    Pinpoint Precision Auto Detailing
    Modesta Glass Coating | Suntek Ultra PPF

Http://www.pinpointprecisionautodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Your series of threads on this car are becoming exciting to follow, great work, can't wait to see more!

Kind Regards.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Post Thanks / Like

Nice write up buddy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dad07 View Post
    Very Nice!

waiting for installment #3!
    Thanks! I am making an assumption that the third installment will please, just based on the excitement I have seen so far

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    Beautiful work Claude! That glass combo looked to be about perfect in performance.

Cant wait to see the third and final installment.
    I was very pleased with the results and can't wait to see the performance. 3rd Installment should be here tomorrow (if I get a chance)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesboyy View Post
    As always excellent work Dr though you are killing us we wanna see thee last installment haha
    LOL! I knew it was going to create some suspense and drama but I have to say that I didn't think it would be that much. It's exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinpoint_Precision View Post
    Love it!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tato View Post
    Your series of threads on this car are becoming exciting to follow, great work, can't wait to see more!

Kind Regards.
    Rafael, you won't be dissapointed. I was actually thinking about you when I was taking the picture (for some reason). Maybe it is because it will get you to try some new things with your new Canon

Quote Originally Posted by Sicoupe View Post
    Nice write up buddy
    Thanks bud! I appreciate you following those installments.

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Super Member Caleb@ImpeccableImage's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing Claude