autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

2013 Dodge Challenger RT - Black (DA w/ Pinnacle AFP + Black Label Synergy)

Just finished an exterior detail on my black 2013 Challenger. Took me the better part of 3 days. The car is generally garaged, has less than 6000 miles and the paint has never had any correction work. There was a good amount of light spider webbing that needed to be corrected - no major scratches since I've always avoided auto car washes and used the 2BM. Below is the process I used and pics of the results. If anyone wants any tips on working with Synergy, let me know - I learned a bit on the way.

1. Starting with the wheel wells - pressure spray, then spray with some APC, let sit and scrub with a bristle brush, then pressure rinse.
    2. Pressure rinse wheels/tires then spray with some IronX, let sit, agitate and rinse.
    3. Clay bar wheels with megs detailing spray for lube. Rinse.
    4. Pressure spray car, then 2BW + foam cannon with CG honeydew, let sit, wash with MF mitt, pressure rinse, hose off and dry with waffle MF and compressed air to get all water out of crevices.
    5. Clay bar car (separate clay) with megs detailing spray for lube.
    6. Mask any area I don’t want to hit with DA polish.
    7. Griots 6" & 3" DA's + LC CCS Orange pad with Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish in test area to determine how many section passes I’ll need to correct.
    8. DA rest of car accordingly and remove polish with fresh MF cloths
    9. Apply thin layer of Pinnacle black label Synergy wax with foam pad working in crosshatch pattern working a couple of panels at a time.
    10. Wait 10-20 minutes to flash, then buff off with fresh MF towels.
    11. Wait at least 2 hours and repeat synergy wax process for 2nd coat.
    12. Remove masking for final wipe down with detailing spray and fresh MF.

And here's the results:

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2013 Dodge Challenger RT - Black (DA w/ Pinnacle AFP + Black Label Synergy)

Looks great! I love the murdered out look going on! Car looks very aggressive and the paint looks very deep and wet now that you are done with your 3 day job.

Why did it take so long? I can normally do that in about 6 hours or so

Post Thanks / Like

nice! looks great and nice job cleaning her up, and no front license plate looks even cleaner. food for though here (may or may not need it in the future)... to maximize the correction on the GG3 i was going to trace and cut out a pad a 3" pad (use the backing plate as a template) with the megs extra-cut disc and see how effective it is since there is no foam interface between the mf and velcro...

Post Thanks / Like
    Stunning work on that black on black Challenger

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chase.Detailing View Post
    Looks great! I love the murdered out look going on! Car looks very aggressive and the paint looks very deep and wet now that you are done with your 3 day job.

Why did it take so long? I can normally do that in about 6 hours or so
    Thanks. It took me a while because of work & weather. I have another car to use so I washed/dried after work on Thurs, clayed and polished after work on Friday in the garage while it poured out. Rolled it outside this morning and spot polished some areas that needed extra work, then rolled it back in and Mr. Miyagi'd 2 coats of wax. Tomorrow I'll brush out any dried wax from crevices that I missed, put some trim gel on all the black plastic, vacuum, clean windows, and dress the leather. Hopefully it'll be good until I put her away in October when I'll do it all over again.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    nice! looks great and nice job cleaning her up, and no front license plate looks even cleaner. food for though here (may or may not need it in the future)... to maximize the correction on the GG3 i was going to trace and cut out a pad a 3" pad (use the backing plate as a template) with the megs extra-cut disc and see how effective it is since there is no foam interface between the mf and velcro...
    I've been using 4" pads on the GG3. I'd be interested in knowing how that goes.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamesboyy View Post
    Stunning work on that black on black Challenger
    Thanks! (and actually, she has a red interior and we've named her Hemily)

Post Thanks / Like

Great job! Love the black with red interior. Gotta be my favorite combo.

Post Thanks / Like

That black Challenger looks great! Nicely done.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome job! That black on black looks sweet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast