autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Double Detail:Double Review Souveran Paste on Blue Ford/MetallWerk on my Trailer

I didn't feel like making two threads, so I combined the two. First off is WG MetallWerk Kit. Now to be fair to everyone, I found some really awesome metal polish from Boyd Coddington, there will be a pic of it. It's kind of like an AIO for metal. It even beads water!!

I'm not one to cheer on any chemical line until I know what it can do. So I used the BC on my wheels and fender and it did an awesome job. But for the front of the trailer it required somthing more aggressive. The BC has compounding agents in it, but not enough to give it that extra bite. The 4 step WG method is alot of work. I got the wools pads but sold my rotary. So i had to use the micro-pad set i got from Rightlook that's supposed to be used for my headlight restoration. It has 2 different wool pads and 3 foam pads. I used a yellow wool for the Compound, white wool for polish and yellow foam for concour polish. Oh ya, I also used a corded drill that runs 2500 rpm. The system works pretty well... I might of gotten better results with a rotary so I might have to get TexasTB to let me borrow his.

I applied the Sealant to the wheel, but not the front end so we will see how it holds up. And make sure you have plenty of towles for wiping off the polishes!!! That is the worst part!! But determine the results for yourself.

The fender and wheel were done with Boyd Coddington Metal Polish using mf towel

Front end of trailer before any polish:

After pass of BC Metal polish with yellow foam pad

(not what i wanted, so now comes in the big guns!!)

After 3 step MetallWerks

My tire with DP wheel gel:

2nd Part of Post Coming up:

Post Thanks / Like
    diamond plate looks good.
    Now work on that box......and get dressed...>LOL

where's the rest? I wanna know how you liked the Souveran Paste. Hurry up, I miss it already.....LMAO

Edit....... how did your pad hold up against the diamond plate?
    In the business world, the rear-view mirror is always clearer than the windshield.

Post Thanks / Like
    Now for the Souveran review... heard alot of hoop and hollar over souveran paste, so TexasTB was nice enough to let me use his last bit. Now it has been said to use it on solid colors like black and red. But i didn't have any coming up in the near future so this was my best shot. Some have said that SP mutes flake. Well on this detail I would have to say NO. It actually made it shine! Gave a nice watery effect and mirror... but not enough to make me wanna buy it. Durability I'll have to give to someone else's personal opinion that has used it on their own cars. All in all, it's a good wax, but still not convinced it's worth $80.

Exterior:
    Pb SS&S via Foam Cannon
    grit guard bucket/lambs wool mit
    NTS7 wheel cleaner
    (doesn't hurt chrome)

Souveran Paste via UDM black CCS pad sp 2
    BC Metal polish on rims via mf
    RL exterior tire and tirm in tires and wells
    SIG via WW on glass

Sig. Shot:
    (yes i see i missed the dirt!!!)

Post Thanks / Like
    looks nice. I haven't used it a ton on metallics, just my SUV, and IMHO, it muted out my metal flake and lightened the paint color. Now on a few black cars I did.....drooool
    No, I won't buy another tub when that is gone, I guess I cannot justify the price. I was given a tub my another member/friend here around town, and when that was gone, I bought another. Now that it is about gone, not sure if it is the final one.....

Keep the rest, use it on a few different colors, try out a few techniques, then post another review on it. Don't use it all before you get a black car!!!!

Glad I could help you out, to try something that you wanted to try...
    In the business world, the rear-view mirror is always clearer than the windshield.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTB
    diamond plate looks good.
    Now work on that box......and get dressed...>LOL

where's the rest? I wanna know how you liked the Souveran Paste. Hurry up, I miss it already.....LMAO

Edit....... how did your pad hold up against the diamond plate?
    pads are ok, but i don't think they got down to the surface very well, I think the bigger pads would make more of a difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job detailing. I really like you DP tire gel shot. DP is one of my favorite tire dressings up to date.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    Just wondering if you've tried Mother's Aluminum polish? I know it's otc but it worked great on fenders of my enclosed trailer and just by hand!

Great job on the detail!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I agree the tire looks wicked, driping wet ....I wonder how long it would last and would it atrackt dust?

That looks like a lot of work that you did there, do you think that a rotary would have made it easier on you? The end results are impresive though, here is a dumb question, what you did there can be done to certain areas like the tail pipes? I'm assuming so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica
    Oh I agree the tire looks wicked, driping wet ....I wonder how long it would last and would it atrackt dust?

That looks like a lot of work that you did there, do you think that a rotary would have made it easier on you? The end results are impresive though, here is a dumb question, what you did there can be done to certain areas like the tail pipes? I'm assuming so.
    i would not go to that much trouble for tail pipes. tail pipes for me get done with RL aluminum polish and a mf, hasn't failed me yet. But now I might go with this Boyd Coddington stuff

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont necessarily agree that Souveran mutes flakes, I think it is missing some key polymers and other ingredients that would amplify them. Since blacks, reds, and yellows are already quite reflective Souverans nature is to enhance them a bit by adding some depth and alot of wetness. SSII in contrast helps metallics pop.

Scott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast