autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Radiant Silver 2006 Nissan Titan with Tuff Shine Tire Coating

Hi All,

Over the past week I've been working on my truck. I have no "Before" shots due to a camera mishap.
    Here are the end results...

Tuff Shine Tire Coating, 3 coats completed over a 4 day period. I had cleaned each tire 30 times in about a month. I hade bought the kit and read plenty of horror stories about what happens if you don't fully clean the tires. I had also bought a gallon of the concentrated cleaner and mixed it 1:1. Thanks to SWANCIYOUTH for the tips!

I started with a Decon wash of Car Pro Snow Foam with Iron remover via pressure washer and Foam Cannon. This was followed up by a Car Pro TRIX treatment, their Iron remover/Tar remover, then a rinse. I had covered the wheels and tires during this portion of the job.
    Next I did a wipe down with the Nanoskin Fine pad with Glide Lube, 7:1 mix.
    The final wash consisted of CG Citrus Wash, Red, with a little Dawn via Foam Gun utilizing the Nanoskin Fine wash pad.

Next up for polishing, I tried various combos which included HD Adapt and Polish, Menzerna FG 400 and 4000, and Finally Optimum's Hyper Polish and Final Finish. This was completed with the FLEX 3401, large pads, and PC 7424, small 3-4 inch pads. Various LC pads were used.
    Chrome was polished with some products I still had from a former vendor. Windows were treated to KLAASE AIO. Black trim received GTechniq C4 Trim restorer. Trim was cleaned with an ISP prior to application

After hours of polishing, I had some Opti Coat 2.0 left over from my wife's car so I coated the hood, roof, and lower rocker panels. The temp was 65 degrees and 35% humidity in the garage. I had coated the wheels about a month prior when I first picked them up.

The rest of the areas, not treated with OC 2.0, were treated with KLAASE SG, via KLAASE ACT's tips! I did two coats and could not be happier.
    I tried to capture the flake in the silver but it REALLY looks good in person. The detail was spread out over a few days.

While taking pics, my little buddy Stumpy paid a visit looking for his daily Sunflower Seeds.

Thanks for looking folks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Radiant Silver 2006 Nissan Titan with Tuff Shine Tire Coating

Excellent work on that Titan its also great to see you have a little friend checking the sunflowers and admireing your work

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks James for the kind comments.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by firecorgi View Post
    Thanks James for the kind comments.
    Great job, tell us about the dogs.
    Steve
    -The Titanic Was Built By Professionals But The Ark By Amateurs-
    "Boanerges"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DogRescuer View Post
    Great job, tell us about the dogs.
    All were rescued from shelters from 3 different states. The middle one has a fondness fro PB &J sandwiches, the sheltie loves to bark, and the corgi on the end is as sweet as can be who loves kids.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome job!
    I just worked on my sister in law's silver Accord. Didn't turn out the way I wanted so I Googled "polishing silver cars". Should've known it would lead me here. I used some Megs M205 but I don't think I worked it in long enough. I also don't think the paint was cleaned completely.
    Did the TRIX cleaner get the job done? I'm thinking I'm needing something stronger than Dawn.
    You really ran the race in the polishing department!! Any of the products stand out? I truly don't have time for all that effort. I can only get the car for 2-3 hour windows.
    I keep rolling back up looking at that shine!! Effort really paid off!