autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Show 'N Shine: The biggest coating job to date!!! CQuartz Finest.

I've been soooooooo busy lately that although I do come to visit and do participate on the forum I seriously haven't had a chance to post a long winded thread.

As the title does indicate, this was the largest coating job I have had to date. It took every ounce of energy I had, and I had to borrow some from my future self

The Subject: 2013 Ford F250SD King Ranch Turbo Diesel w/ 24,000 on the odometer
    The Requested Detail: Premium enhancement and CQuartz Finest
    The State of the Vehicle: Surprisingly, the truck only had minor cosmetic defects which were easily corrected. There was a car ding, a tailgate ping, and a deeper RIDS which could not be helped although they were improved upon.
    The Process: The truck came to us with little more than a layer of dust and pollen.

After performing our initial wash, we clayed the truck (paint, glass etc..) and performed a proper decontamination. This included the wheels. As you can see, even after a proper handwashing of those wheels we had some major neglect to contend with

This did require a couple of IronX treatments, so elbow grease and a fine hand polishing but we were able to rescue them.

All the badges were properly tended to and detailed

The truck was pulled in the shop for the compounding. White vehicles are notorious for being hard in capturing the defects, especially when they are light. I tried getting a couple of pictures but the lighting and flash (in combination with the pearl flake) just washed out the defects, so sorry if you were looking forward to a dramatic before and after unveiling.

Every inch of this massive truck was meticulously tended to. Inspection was done with many light sources and was evaluated in the sun.

The trick to an incredible end result is in the preparation. Once I was happy with the defect removal and reflection, then off to coating we went. Here is an example of what I am looking at in deciding if I am ready for the next step

The front grill and the tail pipes also received the same level of attention. Both were meticulously hand polished.

The customer selected the highest enhancement and protection package we offer, so after proper inspection and a thorough Eraser wipe down we proceeded to coat EVERYTHING! The paint, wheels and lenses were coated with CQuartz Finest, whereas the glass received a double layer of PBL glass coating (which I really like).

Here are a couple of pictures in the sun. Although you can appreciate the gloss and reflection, because it is pearl white you have to be creative with your reflection angle to not be completely washed out. I did have to adjust the final pictures for contrast and brightness to reflect the true end result.

BUT to really appreciate the level of gloss enhancement and reflection, there is nothing that beats a contrasted environment (like taking pictures in the shop). These pictures did not have to see any contrast/brightness adjustments

..... and there is nothing like a setting sun "glamor shot"

Tools and products used:
    Exterior:
    Karcher pressure washer, Pinnacle foam cannon, Speedmaster brushes, boars hair detailing lug brush, Mother's tire brush set, CG Honeydew, Nanoskin clay mitt, IronX, MasterBlaster, Rupes 21 with 5" and 6" BP and LC flat pads, CarPro Erasor, Menzerna FG400, PF2500, SF4000, Carpro DLUX, CQuartz Finest, Pinnacle Black Label Glass coating, Pinnacle Black Onyx tire gel with Carrand brushes, P21s

Interior:
    Tornador Black, Meg D101, Pinnacle Black Label leather cleaner and conditioner, Pinnacle Crystal Clear for interior windows, rubber pet brush, folex, Detailer's Interior surface protectant.
    P.S. The interior was pretty straight forward basic interior with extensive pet hair removal and spot treatment on a few stains.

Hope you enjoyed! Feel free to comment or ask questions.

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Show 'N Shine: The biggest coating job to date!!! CQuartz Finest.

Great job that looks fantastic. Good save on those wheels too!

Post Thanks / Like

Great looking truck and nice work!! It would be nice to see a finished pic of the whole truck too.

Post Thanks / Like

End result as requested (unfortunately washed out because of the mid-day sun)

Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Wow amazing work, and beautiful truck!
    CURRENT: Happily Retired
    PAST: Owner at Clean N' Shiny, Chicago Auto Pros

Post Thanks / Like

Those things are gigantic! Nice job.

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing work Claude

Post Thanks / Like

Great one Claude, a big detail realized by a big detailer! Truck looks better than new.

The wheel work is simply unbelievable, what a turnaround!

Thanks for sharing, congratulations on that one.

Kind Regards.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job on the exhaust and wheels. That thing is as big as a house. Great job! You definitely earned your $ but I bet you were skipping to the bank afterwards.
    Jeremy Wayne

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yellosuzku View Post
    Great job that looks fantastic. Good save on those wheels too!
    Thanks! When I saw those wheels I had a flash back on a neglected Range Rover which I could not save. This was a different outcome and the customer was thrilled.

Quote Originally Posted by EVOlved View Post
    Great looking truck and nice work!! It would be nice to see a finished pic of the whole truck too.
    Your wish is my command. I did include an after pic. I hate white pearl white vehicles because the pics get so washed out. It kills the WOW! factor

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisCoupe View Post
    Wow amazing work, and beautiful truck!
    Thanks for the comment. It is a great truck and a great customer

Quote Originally Posted by parttimer View Post
    Those things are gigantic! Nice job.
    Thanks! They are a beast! and did challenge my resolve a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Tato View Post
    Great one Claude, a big detail realized by a big detailer! Truck looks better than new.

The wheel work is simply unbelievable, what a turnaround!

Thanks for sharing, congratulations on that one.

Kind Regards.
    Awesome, Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 281 View Post
    Amazing work Claude
    Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by statusdetailing View Post
    Nice job on the exhaust and wheels. That thing is as big as a house. Great job! You definitely earned your $ but I bet you were skipping to the bank afterwards.
    I appreciate the comment. This beast challenged every inch of this 6'6" wing span. We did earn a good keep from this truck, but would have been well justified in asking for more (but I can't complain). I did reserve the right to refuse another large one like this for a while.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast