autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Liquid Finish Detailing 2014 Opticoat Paint Correction North Carolina Detailing Madness!

Been quite an interesting North Carolina Spring/End of Winter madness lately. Figure I just update this thread instead of clogging the Show & Shine Thread!

Having 3 Polar Vortexes has brought quite a variety of conditions to work with!

• Cleaning: #Foam#Chemical Guys Citrus Wash,#Optimum Power Clean,#Meguiars Hyper Wash
    • Wheels & Wells:#Optimum Power Clean#various brushes, Liquid Finish’s Special “Super Clean” Solution
    • Tires:#HiTemp Tire Cleaner,#Liquid Finish’s Special “Super Clean” Solution,#CarPro Perl
    • Clayed with#Nanoskin Glide#& Yellow Erazer Medium Clay
    • Door & Trunk Jams: Car Soap &#Optimum OptiClean
    • Polish:#HD Adapt,##3d Car Care HD Polish,#Meguiars Ultra Finishing Polish M205
    • Protect: #HD Speed, HD Poxy#&#Prima Hydro
    • Various Products:#Optimum OptiClean,#Meguiars Last Touch,#Menzerna Top Inspection,#Stoner Tarminator#& 3m Adhesive Remover
    • Exhaust Tips & Wheels:#Optimum Metal Polish
    • Wheels:#Prima Hydro#&#Meguiars Last Touch
    • rear license plate area bracket removed, cleaned, polished, and sealed with#Optimum Opti-Seal.
    • Many hours spent with q-tips and towels to remove all the wax residue throughout every crack / seem on the vehicle.
    • Quick interior vacuum, horsehair dusting, and#Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer

First up a hood paint save on this Audi S4, plastic shovels should not be used on paint to remove snow. I used HD Adapt and a few microfiber pads to address the various deep defects. HD Speed & HD Poxy.

Next up, this Honda Accord I've seen plenty of times deal with overspray and bodyshop work. HD Adapt, Polish, Speed, and HD Poxy. Honda paint is pretty darn straightforward to work with.

A very unique and special FR-S Monogram edition in for New Car Opticoat. CarPro Perl on tires.

Beautiful 2014 BMW 528i Space Grey for New Car Opticoat.[/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liquid Finish Detailing 2014 Opticoat Paint Correction North Carolina Detailing Madness!

Black Car Madness! A Variety of vehicles that I had to hammer with proper paint correction. Various examples of body shop and detailing neglect. Some say detailers are overrated and expensive, I say we save cars from a cycle of disaster.

2004 G35, previous owner couldn’t care less for the cosmetic portion of the vehicle. We did what we could despite many issues all over the vehicle.

$240 a pop per headlight? Why not do a basic polish and save yourself money

I see clouds not swirls!

2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 with wonderful body shop hologramming despite having a special custom hood. HD Adapt, HD Polish, Meguiars 205 were all used in various situations.

No sun! Sucks to be me detailing late into the evening. I helped the owner understand the entire world of detailing and gave an introduction to basic waxing principles with his new orbital.

2008 CLS 550 Black with 68K Miles. Someone hit a few areas with a Dewalt and wool pad. So after many days of frustration and scheduling we got this vehicle in to deal with most of the defects. Some very deep defects that we backed away from, especially considering almost half the panels had some repaint history of some sort.

Sun progress.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liquid Finish Detailing 2014 Opticoat Paint Correction North Carolina Detailing Madness!

Excellent thread! Nice work!

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice showcase of cars you sure know how to pamper a vehicle

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice work Woo! Look at all those black cars! Doing it right over there bro!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks very much everyone, I'll be adding more as we go. Pollen go away!

Post Thanks / Like

Fun new car coatings all receiving the "Frankenstein" CAR Bulletproof, Ceramic Coating, GTechniq C4, Hyper Dressing, Ultima Interior Guard Plus, Leather Master Protection Cream.

Porsche Macan Turbo Black - This car was an absolute nightmare dealing with RIDS and deeper scratching.

Porsche 911 2014 S - Far easier to approach, IronX removed a fair amount of fallout.

GTechniq C4 Looking Pretty

Corvette Stingray Red

Post Thanks / Like

Been busy trying to survive 2014's weird summer heat and general flow of work for North Carolina. Very blessed for all the support from the NC Crowd. Start with some cool new paint coating work!

Show Car Subaru Imprezza White with a fresh paint job. Thankfully, paint was allowed to cure for 3 months, then was wetsanded. I refined the sanding marks and found the paint darn hard. Thanks to NXTi 2014 I simply used Meguiar's 205 & Megs MF Xtra Pads to eviscerate all the marks without a sweat. Some fun edging was done, and I was VERY lucky no deep defects remained. Sealed with a Ceramic Coating, checkout that metallic gloss!

Post Thanks / Like

Paint Correction & Enhancements:
    BMW 128i Stucco Removal & Enhancement. Vehicle was en route from West Coast. Supposedly a high end detail shop in Texas had it's turn on the paint. Removed the stucco safely then proceeded to correct the paint.

Dips of Stucco

Woohoo polishing residue.

Jet Black 135 - mainly quite a few issues from the dealership. Deep scratches in the trunk removed from some crazy person. Sides had quite some deep marring due to obvious touch car washes!

The hiding is strong in this one.

Making progress

Jet Black insanity.

Post Thanks / Like

2001 Boxster Lapis Blue
    Client was referred by a friend who found our work online. At first, a bit scarred at how "pricey" our services could be, then we showed them before & afters. A detail shop had burnt through the front bumper.

OK Condition, but pictures can hide defects.

Headband power for the heat!

BMW 1988 M5 The definition of improvement - All original paint, I took some paint thickness readings and the stock single stage paint was THIN. We went with a two step approach, the biggest issues were paint residue from buffing a small area. I swear I washed 20 pads in 2 days trying to get a clean surface.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast