autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Rupes LHR 15ES vs GG6

Rupes LHR 15ES vs GG6-imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1389002929-688154-jpgI just polished my 2006 Mazda this weekend with my new Rupes and I must say there's a huge difference from my GG6. Both times were done with LC 5.5" flat white pads and Menzerna PF 2500 and Powerlock applied after. The GG6, the paint came out okay but with the Rupes, the gloss was really extra nice. Maybe because in three months, this was the second time polishing the Mazda, but I must say this time was really great. Maybe I didn't use the GG6 patiently and went as slow as I should have.

I don't know. I don't feel like I did anything differently with the Rupes, but who knows. I don't have before pictures, but here is on after (excuse the messy garage). All I know if the car looks really nice.
    -Rick

Post Thanks / Like
    I have both machines as well. I haven't noticed the Rupes gives necessarily superior results - but, I have noticed it's just more enjoyable and faster to use. That makes it worth it's weight in gold IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes LHR 15ES vs GG6

This past Saturday I used the Rupes 21 for the first time and found it to be so smooth, only problem with the machine is that the pads stops spinning even on a flat panel using a 5 inch pad.
    The GG6 will not bog down, pad spins no matter what.
    So which one is better?
    Well for light polishing the Rupes is hands down the best but for corrections the GG6 will out perform it.

At first I thought I'd have a difficult time learning to work with its massive throw but it was how to keep the pad spinning.
    For the money one would think the Rupes had more power and no issues with keeping the pad spinning.

I have the GG6, if I was to buy a Rupes I'd only use it for light polishing and use the GG6 for corrections.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I have both machines as well. I haven't noticed the Rupes gives necessarily superior results - but, I have noticed it's just more enjoyable and faster to use. That makes it worth it's weight in gold IMHO.

I agree. The larger throw on the Rupes will allow you to correct much faster than a GG6 would.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see my Rupes 21 stop on flat panels, which is where I use it most. If there are acres of flat panel, the Rupes comes out. Intricate work, Flex or GG.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parttimer View Post
    I don't see my Rupes 21 stop on flat panels, which is where I use it most. If there are acres of flat panel, the Rupes comes out. Intricate work, Flex or GG.

I dont see my GG6 stop on flat panels either, even pressing down on it. Its all about the pad your using & technique as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rstark View Post
    Rupes LHR 15ES vs GG6-imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1389002929-688154-jpgI just polished my 2006 Mazda this weekend with my new Rupes and I must say there's a huge difference from my GG6. Both times were done with LC 5.5" flat white pads and Menzerna PF 2500 and Powerlock applied after. The GG6, the paint came out okay but with the Rupes, the gloss was really extra nice. Maybe because in three months, this was the second time polishing the Mazda, but I must say this time was really great. Maybe I didn't use the GG6 patiently and went as slow as I should have.

I don't know. I don't feel like I did anything differently with the Rupes, but who knows. I don't have before pictures, but here is on after (excuse the messy garage). All I know if the car looks really nice.
    Ummmmm, really? Youre comparing a $350 machine to a $140? LOL!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HateSwirls View Post
    This past Saturday I used the Rupes 21 for the first time and found it to be so smooth, only problem with the machine is that the pads stops spinning even on a flat panel using a 5 inch pad.
    The GG6 will not bog down, pad spins no matter what.
    So which one is better?
    Well for light polishing the Rupes is hands down the best but for corrections the GG6 will out perform it.

At first I thought I'd have a difficult time learning to work with its massive throw but it was how to keep the pad spinning.
    For the money one would think the Rupes had more power and no issues with keeping the pad spinning.

I have the GG6, if I was to buy a Rupes I'd only use it for light polishing and use the GG6 for corrections.
    You clearly haven't used the Rupes 21 much OR properly if you think it's best for light corrections.
    I'm a Professional, Hobby Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I only used it once, the first thing I noticed was how easy the pad stopped spinning, I mean on a flat panel.
    At one point there were a scratches that just would come off so I removed them with my GG6.
    Like I said for as much as the Rupes cost you would think it would have more power.
    Sure you can correct paint just not as fast.

One of the members here was with us, he worked the hood with his Rupes 21, he had a make many passes to get rid of the defects.

On a positive note it's very smooth, covers a big area with its throw.
    He was using the Meg's MF cutting pads along with the WG Über.

Is it a good machine?, sure thing but if I had one I'd use it for light defects or on the second step.

Quote Originally Posted by MshawnBauer View Post
    You clearly haven't used the Rupes 21 much OR properly if you think it's best for light corrections.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MshawnBauer View Post
    Technique is Very important. There is a short learning curve for the long stroke. Placing a lot of downward pressure is a hard habit to break.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast