autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

I got my wife to help on a detail, pic to prove it! (Dodge Ram)

My wife wanted her Dad's Dodge Ram done as part of a fathers day gift, so we ended up doing it this week. Here was our process:

Wash - NXT, added a cup of Zep citrus degreaser mixed in to strip anything on the paint.

Clay - Clay Magic Blue, my wife helped and did most of the claying and the whole interior on her own!

Polish - we spot polished some isolated scuffs and scratches with Megs M80 speed glaze, but this was supposed to only be a "wash n/wax" and interior, so she didn't want me to spend the time to do the whole truck. (PC, speed 6, White LC 5.5 inch pad)

LSP - Duragloss 105 TPP, we wanted to have a durable LSP that would also give a good shine to this color, I think I turned out great.

Tires and wheel wells - Cleaned with purple power cut 1:1. tires got dressed with Armor All extreme gel, then AA foam, wheel wells got AA foam for a dressing.

Interior - all vinyl was dressed with Optimum Protectant Plus, stains were spot treated with folex then extracted with a wet/dry shopvac. Stoners IG on all glass.

Here are some pics, enjoy!

BEFORES

DURING

AFTER

I would have snapped more after, but he needed the truck back soon. My wifes father was very thankful when he saw it.

Thanks for looking,

Pete

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome! My g/f helped me out on a mini detail on her car too. She said she would feel bad more me to do all the work.
    Obsessed is a word that lazy people use for Dedicated.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's cool my wife will help out when she can/wants.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job, my wife is always offering to help, and when she does, I say, "bring me a coke"

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice work. That's really cool that your wife helped and did the claying. I had my wife helping me today, for the first time. We did the interiors of both our vehicles. I vacuumed and she wiped down the interior and did the windows, while I applied the dressing. It was fun.
    Alban B-)
    2008 Ford F250 XLT 6.4L PSD, 4X4, SC, SB, Bedrug bedliner, Torza Trifold Tonneau cover, SS step bars / Dark Shadow Gray Metallic
    2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S / Inferno

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job on the truck, that is very cool that your wife is willing to help you out. My wife and I are starting to be like a tag team...well we already are but in detail

I call here in the garage once I'm ready to apply the wax, I apply and she removes. She enjoys it...oh the only complaint I get from here is when the vehicles are large vehicles like trucks/vans/SUV's where the roof is a pain that's when I hear some "do I have to help you on this one" hahahaha but she always ends up helping, what can I say I have a great wife

Great job on the truck, thanks for sharing...oh and you can tell your wife that she did a great job too

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FMINUS
    Great job, my wife is always offering to help, and when she does, I say, "bring me a coke"
    Well, yah, your wife is pregnant, so that is a little different there.

My husband waits for me to get to them - including his now - he only washes it - his beater for work that is - if it is truly filthy and I haven't gotten to the cars in quite a while - (week to two, like when school was ending - super hectic and cars hit the back burner, except for keeping the vette clean).
    Otherwise, he sure isn't going to work on them. Never has. Before I did them, I hired kids from school - very selectively, and maintained them that way.
    ~Lulu~