autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

F150 Saturday Morning Detail

I'm pretty new to this detailer's forum. Thanks to everyone who has posted tip/tricks/advice and experiences.. I am sure learning a lot (still do).

I thought i would share my morning/afternon with everyone. This morning, after i picked up a bed-load of bark mulch from the soil yard, i needed to get the black beauty back to her normal state. It has been raining constantly around here and mud and rain spots have sullied my "black betty - F150" After hosing the junk out the bed and getting as much mud off of every corner of the sled as possible...

As I tell the world what i did; if anyone sees some flaws in this approach i would appreciate any feedback. Let the fun begin

I washed with Meguiars Gold Class Carnauba Plus Premium Car Wax. Microfiber mit (no grit guard yet)
    Clay bar + (Mothers California Gold detailers spray for lube).

This is my daily driver that is 100% driveway kept so it gets alot of abuse from the Texas climate. It was a great morning and wanted to give my gal some special treatments.

I have a Porter Cable 7424XP Dual Action Polisher. I love practicing with this thing. I've had it since Dec 2012; so i'm definitely NOT an expert yet. It sure if fun to get the opportunity to play with power tools.

Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer - White Pad
    I spread out the product on speed #2 and then do overlapping passes on #5
    Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0 - Black Pad - Spreading / overlapping passes on #3
    Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 - Black pad -Spreading with speed #3. I dont think i waited long enough before buffing this off.. i dont know if that really mattered or not.
    Wolfgang Füzion Estate Wax - Hand applied with yellow foam applicator. I am new to this product. I couldn't be happier with this product. I think using wax on top of the Paint Sealant added an additional level of clarify to the mirror finish that you'll in the photos attached.

Let me know what you think.. Hope I didnt break any commandments here. It looks great to me!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F150 Saturday Morning Detail-highglossa-2013-10-19-15-12-45-jpg   F150 Saturday Morning Detail-highglossb-2013-10-19-15-11-43-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: F150 Saturday Morning Detail

Nice pics gotta love black reflections!

But you really need some before and during pictures to realllyyyy stand out. Like they say, it's all in the before pics

Post Thanks / Like
    Truck looks great!! I use a similar combo on my truck (blue jean metallic), minus the polish enhancer. Finishing glaze and then the sealant. I love the crystal clear reflections. The Wolfgang exterior trim sealant works great for all the black trim on our trucks if you don't have something already...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: F150 Saturday Morning Detail

I should have posted before pics. Then you would really be amazed at what came off her.

Post Thanks / Like
    I could be wrong but I think polish enhancer should be before the sealant. It removes any wax or product left behind. Regardless, nice job.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2