autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

07 Vette Z51 Lemans Blue (Menzerna prep)

Hi, alot of people here have requested for me to post pics after a prep and to show what my prep work looks like before my LSP's (Zaino). I know I am a master pro and an extreme perfectionist and have been doing this for a long time. I know a lot of people here would love to get a prep to come out like this, but it takes extreme product knowledge and extreme experience. So far I have been very happy with Menzerna pro polishes for my extreme prep and personally I have found none better, but I am always still looking in different countries for intense prep stuff. I am a diehard prep guy and to me it is my favorite part of the detail. I have spent a fortune (thousands) on prep products and so far Menzerna has been the real deal so far. The learning curve is a little different from other polishes, but once mastered the results are flawless and 100% swirl and marr free.

My only issue with Menzerna pro polishes are the oils left behind and a wash will not even get them off, unless you rub and result in marring. I now use Prep Solvent to remove the oils lightly and have found this to work 100% effective with no marring at all. If the sun catches these oils then you will have a very hard time removing and your LSP bonding will have issues. However the polish lubricating oils are the best I have ever encountered. Every product always has it's pro's and con's.

This was a customer that took a drive to come see me and was referred to me by two highly respected pro members (thanks Todd and Bryan).

He had just picked this 07 Vette Z51 (LeMans Blue) up in Maryland and drove it home to his house in Mass. He then noticed these severe water spots etched in and tried to remove them himself, but had no success and then contacted me and heard I am a pro with Vettes and their super rock hard clearcoat.

When the car arrived it was raining and I noticed the deep water etching and also the dull finish. I am very surprised that GM lets cars like this leave the plant. The finish was very unacceptable and it's a good thing the customer got a great deal. I knew I had my work cut out for me on this one.

All work was done by rotary only and most areas I had to do 4-6 times to make flawless.
    Also the pollen was so bad here that it got in my garage and had to stop production for the day till it was all settled. I take NO chances at all when there is dust and dirt in the air.

Prep Process was:

Zaino Z7 wash in the pooring rain
    Clay
    Prep Sol the body to remove any calcium etc. from the water residue
    Menz SIP 3.02 polish from the UK (LC orange pad)
    106ff (polish pad)

The customers Leo and his son Dan inspected the car heavily after it was done and are heavy extreme perfectionists. They were VERY pleased with the end results and were amazed I got out all the heavy water spots and made this thing glow like a diamond with such crispness and vibrance. Actually my favorite part of the detail is the look on the customers face when they see there car all done. It's impressive and makes me feel like I am the best!!!!!!!!!

The Befores..sorry for no big shots my camera batteries died.
    Notice the water etched spots and the scratches

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are some after shots in the garage

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are the outside afters. This is right after the prep BEFORE my LSP (Zaino). Car was still covered in polish dust and residue. Pictures were before the wash as the pollen was coming down very fast and after the wash I would not have time to take pics. It was a tough long day!

Post Thanks / Like
    thats a great job... i would of cried if my vette looked like that brand new. i hope he got a great deal. and i hope your confident in yourself and no cocky

[/QUOTE]I know I am a master pro and an extreme perfectionist and have been doing this for a long time. I know a lot of people here would love to get a prep to come out like this, but it takes extreme product knowledge and extreme experience.[/QUOTE]

cause a "master" doesn't need to tell anyone he is one, he lets his work do the talking for himself.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am confident! This is to show people what proper prep can do, but also not to make any claims that they will get the same resulsts I do if they use menzerna.

Sorry if you took it wrong. I know people that pick up a pc and after a couple of details they are now a pro. I have 15 years experience and have done thousands of cars. Sometimes I like detailing and sometimes I hate it.
    Last edited by rydawg; 06-15-2007 at 02:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rydawg
    ... Sometimes I like detailing and sometimes I hate it.
    Must have like detailing on this day!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ryan.AWESOME work....you did that paint real nice...every car I have seen from you looks great....Listen..I will be in your neck of the woods soon...I have to go to Don Kennetts he got some of the G-Mop pads by Farecla I was talking about...I will be in Nashua to see my kid....so we can hook up...I'll let you know..

the owners must have been real excited to see the results...its a rolling mirror...

See you soon..Again nice job...

AL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rydawg
    I am confident! This is to show people what proper prep can do, but also not to make any claims that they will get the same resulsts I do if they use menzerna.

Sorry if you took it wrong. I know people that pick up a pc and after a couple of details they are now a pro. I have 15 years experience and have done housands of cars. Sometimes I like detailing and sometimes I hate it.
    it's all good brother, no beef. and i get what your saying and i agree. under the bridge.... you do great work

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Al-53
    Ryan.AWESOME work....you did that paint real nice...every car I have seen from you looks great....Listen..I will be in your neck of the woods soon...I have to go to Don Kennetts he got some of the G-Mop pads by Farecla I was talking about...I will be in Nashua to see my kid....so we can hook up...I'll let you know..

the owners must have been real excited to see the results...its a rolling mirror...

See you soon..Again nice job...

AL
    That sounds great AL.

Post Thanks / Like
    wow that looks awesome...amazing job....i did a lemans blue camaro a lil bit ago...same paint as vette paint...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast