autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Middle Detail: 2003? Chrysler 300M

Package: Deluxe

Price: $90

Time: 3.5 hours

Interior:
    APC+ 10:1 for general cleaning
    Wg's leather cleaner in spots
    Optimum Protectant plus
    Stoners IG
    Megs leather cleaner/conditioner
    303 on weather stripping

Exterior:
    Megs NXT Wash w/ 2 ounces of APC+ w/ 3 gal water
    Tarminator/APC+ 10:1/Megs Body Solvent for bug/tar removal
    PP 1:1 for tires and fenderwell cleaning
    DP Gel Wheel cleaner
    Megs Non-Silicone tire dressing
    Stoners More shine for fenderwell dressing
    Mother's chrome polish
    303 on trim
    DP Plex-All on headlights/taillights
    Klasse AIO and WG's fingerpockets for trim between windows

LSP:
    DG AW

Pictures Before:

Pictures After:

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job but to me you underprice yourself IMO. I love the way the carpet striping looks, just is the finishing detail to me
    2001 Mustang Cobra Vert, Lazer red clearcoat,weekend toy
    2001 Infiniti QX4, pearl white two tone
    PC 7424 with XMT products and CCS pads

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont think hes under pricing himself. He made what, $25 an hour for that. Plus this is his first time doing it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, this is my first year and I'm still getting my name out there. Plus, this package is the most appealing to customers because of the price, so it should bring in a lot of money.
    Also, I'm getting quicker and quicker, so this shouldn't take more than 3 hours once I get a good system down.

This package was priced $70-$90, but I went ahead and raised it to $90-$110.

Post Thanks / Like
    Meant it as a compliment more than as a criticism, many car washes around me run about $100 for a job that would not be as nice and not include some of the smaller "details" that he does like the headlight treatment. If the price is bringing you clients and it is your start then I understand. Hopefully they come back and then you can "upsell" them a couple of items that take little time but add a decent profit.

Guess it is pricing yourself into the market and getting established. Good luck
    2001 Mustang Cobra Vert, Lazer red clearcoat,weekend toy
    2001 Infiniti QX4, pearl white two tone
    PC 7424 with XMT products and CCS pads

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice job! That car looks slick. Interior looks great too, and always love 'em carpet stripes!
    Looks likes your business is doing pretty well. As you continue to impress your customers, more work will come thru "word of mouth", which is the best kind of referral. Congrats, and all the best to you as your business steadily grows.
    Alban B-)
    2008 Ford F250 XLT 6.4L PSD, 4X4, SC, SB, Bedrug bedliner, Torza Trifold Tonneau cover, SS step bars / Dark Shadow Gray Metallic
    2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S / Inferno

Post Thanks / Like
    Before even reading what the others wrote, I serisouly think you need to bump up your pricing. You should be aiming for $40+ an hour for the great job that you do. Whether youre new or not, if you do work that deserves it, then go for the money. You will very discouraged in this line of work if youre not making your potential.

Just my .02

Like I said though, AWESOME detail man!
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTB

"If you don't stand behind our troops, then why don't you stand in front of them"

2003 Yamaha R6
    2000 Acura TL -- White Diamond Pearl
    1999 Honda CBR600 F4 - Midnight Black Pearl
    1996 Nissan Maxima -- Pebble Beige (RIP)

Post Thanks / Like
    Great work Greg, and I think the pricing is fair, maybe a tad low, but fair nonetheless. In the midwest, you'll be hardpressed to get $40 an hour for detailing. Shoot, a full interior/exterior with a PC takes a good 6-8 hours, and no way would customer's pay $240-$320 for that, not a chance. Greg is nearing $30 an hour, which, to me, is a great spot to be in when mobile detailing. No overhead, low expenses, etc. Depending on how slow/fast I get a car done, I'm as low as $20 an hour, to an inteiro detail I did at about $40 an hour. Avg would be no more than $25 for me though.

Besides, if he can whip that car out in 3 hours and make $90 bucks, who can say that's not a well run business, where the owner is both making good money as well as offering competitive prices. Just imo of course.
    Justin's Auto Detailing
    Owner/Operator

Post Thanks / Like
    You charge what the market allows and what your service can provide. Greg if you are happy with what you do and the income you make to do it...its great! Nice work BTW...and I also like the carpet striping too!
    WWZS - What Would Zinn Say

Teacher by Day: Speed Dreamer at Night

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by alban61
    Very nice job! That car looks slick. Interior looks great too, and always love 'em carpet stripes!
    Looks likes your business is doing pretty well. As you continue to impress your customers, more work will come thru "word of mouth", which is the best kind of referral. Congrats, and all the best to you as your business steadily grows.
    You said it alban61, that is so true. You guys should see the number of people at work that have come up to me saying could you please detail my vehicle...oh get this a girl at work just purchased a vehicle and remember that brand new Pontiac G5 that I detailed well the owner told a bunch of her friends and I'll be busy for a wile hehehehe. Any who, a girl at work just purchased a new BMW (I think it's a 325i??) and she want's to sell her old vehicle, so she want's me to detail her old vehicle so she can get more money out of it and detail her brand new BMW....sweet...all by "word of mouth". Well just thought I'd share the power of word of mouth. When you do good work people notice it and share it oh and if you do a bad job people notice that too and express the disapointment too.

I really like the way the carpet looks, very nice work you do buddy. I enjoy all your details.

Thanks for sharing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast