autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Mother's multiple product reviews

A few months ago I gave my mom’s car a long overdue exterior freshen up. On different occasions I have reviewed various Mothers products on her car and found them to be quality products producing as advertised results. With the exception of Ultima Elastrofoam, I decided to continue with the Mothers line on the rest of the car and once again I was quite happy with the end results.
    Products used:
    Mothers Car Wash Soap.
    Mothers product claims are that its strong enough to remove dirt and road film, bugs, bird droppings, airborne pollutants and other grime, without removing wax or dulling the paint. That it is pH balanced, super-sudsy and also resists water spotting. I can’t comment on a few of the claims as there was no wax to strip and the paint was already dull but it did clean the paint well and did produce plenty of suds. It also felt as though it was producing good lubrication as I was washing the car. I would have to say this product does meet it’s claims.

Mothers Professional Line Compound
    This is good stuff. I’ve had a chance to use it now on a few cars and so far I haven’t had it not perform as expected.

Mothers Professional Line Foam Pad Polish
    The Foam Pad Polish added that little bit of extra gloss that I was hoping it would. It wasn’t wasted effort. I comment on that below. This would also be good for a touch up on paint that was already in pretty good shape but has a few imperfections needing a little touch up.

Mothers Scratch Remover.
    I used this for the fingernail scratches under door handles. Works great!

Mothers Synthetic Wax.
    This wax is very easy to use and produces a nice deep dark shine in the paint. It has a nice scent with a creamy constancy to it. So far the durability seems to be pretty good. She has visited the car wash a few times since I waxed the car and it still looks good.

Mothers Spray Wax
    I used this mainly for the door and trunk jams. It produced and nice shine and worked as I expected. It didn’t require much buffing to produce a nice shine and I didn’t notice any streaking. I can’t see this product not performing as expected on the exterior paint.

Mothers Microfiber Applicator Pads

Mothers Tire & Rubber Cleaner, Reflections Tire care and Chrome Wheel Cleaner were also used those reviews can be read here.

Mothers Tire & Rubber Cleaner, reflections Tire Care

Mothers Chrome Wheel Cleaner.

Her car hadn’t really been cleaned properly since it was new and it’s up for opinion if even then. I do know it had never been clayed prior to now. In the past I had often offered to do it for them but my dad would never let me he always said that I had enough to do without taking care of my mother’s car too and he would get it done. He hated the feeling of bothering people. Anyway now he’s gone and it was time to spruce the old girl up. Over the years it has received a few bumps and bruises and knowing that for its age getting a 90-95% correction out of the paint wasn’t realistic and given the fact that it will see more automatic car washes in its life wasn’t worth the effort. I was shooting for around 80 and came closer to 90% with not as much effort as I thought it was going to take.

To start with it needed a good hand car wash to see just how bad things really were. I hadn’t given it a good wash since last fall. Using TBM I started off with Mother’s car wash soap.

Now that the paint was clean I could see just what the extent of the scratches and marring really were. Considering that other than very few hand washes in its life it has only seen Swirl O Matic car washes it wasn’t too terribly bad.

Bird bomb and some deeper rids and swirls. This may take some effort.

Last edited by Ron Atchison; 07-08-2012 at 08:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mother's multiple product reviews

This is a very interesting spot that showed up after washing the car. It appeared as though the ‎clear had just lifted off of the paint.‎

Inside under the lights the rids start to reveal themselves.‎

‎12 years of accumulated dust and dirt.‎

After using the Ultima Elastrofoam to rid the paint of contaminates it was time to start ‎polishing. Knowing that the Mothers compound and Dewalt 849X was more than up to the ‎challenge I needed to do a test spot to see what pad was going to be needed to get the results I ‎was looking for. ‎
    LC 8 ½ orange gave me the correction I was looking for and the Mothers compound finished off ‎nicely. In my opinion it rates right up there with a couple of the other boutique compounds I ‎have in my cabinet. In fact I could have probably stopped there and went straight to the LSP and ‎skipped the Foam Pad Polish but I hadn’t had a chance to use it yet and wanted to see if it ‎enhanced the gloss that much more. Which it did using a LC white pad and the rotary.‎

These next few pictures are after the compound and foam pad polish. As you can see the gloss ‎has been restored to the paint and a large amount of the issues have been corrected.‎

Weird spot in the paint is gone and has never returned.‎

Bird bomb and scratches gone.‎

Post Thanks / Like

Finished pictures.‎

The interior was given a quick vac and the seats conditioned with Mothers Leather conditioner.‎

Here’s the allstar lineup that was used to bring back some joy to the old girl.‎

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed the review. Comments as always are welcome.‎

Post Thanks / Like

She's a beauty!

Mothers deserves more play time on the forums
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Did you use VLR inside

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking yesterday about doing a review of the Mother's products I have; as their line does not get enough review time in this forum. I purchased some Mother's products at a closeout sale in my area. The two main staples are the Brazilian Carnauba Paste Wax, the CG Wash and Micro-polishing Glaze are all very good in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    She's a beauty!

Thanks Flash. Its only got 48,000 mile on it.
    Mothers deserves more play time on the forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    Did you use VLR inside
    No I really didn't do much to the interior other than vacuum it and treat the seats with Mothers leather conditioner. I did use it in this review.
    Mother Interior Cleaning Products. Picture heavy!

Quote Originally Posted by mwoolfso View Post
    I was thinking yesterday about doing a review of the Mother's products I have; as their line does not get enough review time in this forum. I purchased some Mother's products at a closeout sale in my area. The two main staples are the Brazilian Carnauba Paste Wax, the CG Wash and Micro-polishing Glaze are all very good in my opinion.
    The more the merrier. Mothers are really some good products that are truly often overlooked on here. A lot of people would be suprised at the results they can get with them. I think the OTC stigma often holds people back. If thet weren't good products I don't think you would see them for sale on AG. I've got a couple more reviews myself to put together using other Mothers products with the same results.

Post Thanks / Like

Great turn around!

Did you ever figure out what the 'weird spot' was?

Thanx for the interesting article...

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Great work....I too was wondering about that spot where the clear seemed to be gone?

Post Thanks / Like

Really nice work and a really nice thing to do for your Mom.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast