autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mikes Detail Shop preps white 3 series for OC2.0

Beautiful E92!
    The white will be blinding in the sun.
    Great work as usual Mike.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good..

Super Member Pinpoint_Precision's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful machine. Amazing results. Another great detail! Those wheels really make the car stand out. How do you like the WG wheel cleaner?
    Pinpoint Precision Auto Detailing
    Modesta Glass Coating | Suntek Ultra PPF

Http://www.pinpointprecisionautodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    Thanks Andrew
    I really love the look of this car as well.

Believe it or not there was no polishing done. I was going 6-8 passes with FG400 and on the last two passes I was going super slow with just the weight of the machine. Menzerna is nice to work with isnt it?
    It sure is! Wouldn't be able to do what we do so easy without it! Now a question popped into my mind here. Because OC is a liquid coating that needs to be levelled and adds a micron or 2 of thickness to the car, would it fill in minor swirls?

PS I just ordered the Hybrid pads yesterday, I will tell you about my opinion on them when I get them!

Quote Originally Posted by vegas911gts View Post
    I keep changing my mind about how to go about polishing my car. You saw it. I dont think fg400 is necessary like the car you just did. I think power finish 2500 or final polish 3000 as a one step is all I need on the blue hybrid pad you recommended. And 4000 might be too tame.

From reading the description about 3000, I think that's what I'm looking for. "Use Menzerna Final Finish on brand new paint finishes or on vehicles in like-new condition. This is an excellent gloss-enhancing finishing polish to remove old wax, deepen the gloss, and remove minor swirls and imperfections prior to wax application."

But 2500 says "Menzerna Power Finish PO 203 is made for the OEM market as a quick way to polish out light flaws and amplify the paint’s gloss. It has the cutting ability just a step below Super Intensive. This will remove moderate to mild swirls, water spots, and light scratches. Then Menzerna Power Finish PO 203 does something amazing – it burnishes the paint to an ultra high gloss, like you’d expect from Nano Polish. For busy detailers, Menzerna Power Finish PO 203 saves time and money by doing the work of two products."

Too many tough decisions!
    Tough decision is right! I would recommend getting three types of Menz. FG400, PF2500, and SF4500.

Do a test spot and really decide what you need. Always go least aggressive. I almost have the complete polishing line (no 4000) and you really need to tailor it to your car and its condition.

Judging from what you've told me, something less aggressive may be needed, but you may need something more aggressive for certain areas.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quiksilver_ben3 View Post
    stunning.
    Thanks Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    Amazing work, Mike!!! The E92 looks spectacular! I love the mods on that car!! Very tasteful, clean and proper!! A definite head turner for sure.
    Thank you Marc! I really love what he has done with the car as well. It is always a pleasure to work on this car.

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    Absolutely Fantastic Mike!!

-Once again I'm in awe of what you accomplish with FG400.
    Not that I'll ever be able to do the same...But I must get some.

-Excellent OC 2.0 application...
    The outstanding gloss it imbues on this "white" vehicle should halt folks...
    (who are incredulous and that would say otherwise)...in their tracks.

Thanks for sharing.

Bob
    Thanks Bob. You really should try out this FG400. It truly is a fantastic product.

The OC2.0 really made the paint pop after the application. I couldnt believe the gloss that it added.

One more question. This is base housing? Those homes look good for being on a base. I remember the base housing on hawaii and it wasnt even close to being that nice.

I keep changing my mind about how to go about polishing my car. You saw it. I dont think fg400 is necessary like the car you just did. I think power finish 2500 or final polish 3000 as a one step is all I need on the blue hybrid pad you recommended. And 4000 might be too tame.

From reading the description about 3000, I think that's what I'm looking for. "Use Menzerna Final Finish on brand new paint finishes or on vehicles in like-new condition. This is an excellent gloss-enhancing finishing polish to remove old wax, deepen the gloss, and remove minor swirls and imperfections prior to wax application."

But 2500 says "Menzerna Power Finish PO 203 is made for the OEM market as a quick way to polish out light flaws and amplify the paint’s gloss. It has the cutting ability just a step below Super Intensive. This will remove moderate to mild swirls, water spots, and light scratches. Then Menzerna Power Finish PO 203 does something amazing – it burnishes the paint to an ultra high gloss, like you’d expect from Nano Polish. For busy detailers, Menzerna Power Finish PO 203 saves time and money by doing the work of two products."

Too many tough decisions!
    This is base housing. It is about the nicest housing in the Air Force.

I would at least get down to 1500 to get every last defect out of the paint. But on the other hand how soft is the paint? If it is soft then start with 2500. You could probably one step it with 2500 if you are really carefull and take your time. Also a pad washer would be neccessary. I wash my pads after every panel and spin dry them on the rotory and then pick up a fresh pad. I rotate 3 pads this way and I always have a clean pad.

Let me know if you need any further help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cartman57 View Post
    Beautiful E92!
    The white will be blinding in the sun.
    Great work as usual Mike.
    Thank you Steve. It was blinding sitting in the garage!

Quote Originally Posted by 720eyes View Post
    Looks good..
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Beautiful machine. Amazing results. Another great detail! Those wheels really make the car stand out. How do you like the WG wheel cleaner?
    Thank you Francisco. The wheels go very wheel with the car. I love the WG wheel cleaner and it has a better price point than Sonax.

Quote Originally Posted by Andr3wilson View Post
    It sure is! Wouldn't be able to do what we do so easy without it! Now a question popped into my mind here. Because OC is a liquid coating that needs to be levelled and adds a micron or 2 of thickness to the car, would it fill in minor swirls?

PS I just ordered the Hybrid pads yesterday, I will tell you about my opinion on them when I get them!

Tough decision is right! I would recommend getting three types of Menz. FG400, PF2500, and SF4500.

Do a test spot and really decide what you need. Always go least aggressive. I almost have the complete polishing line (no 4000) and you really need to tailor it to your car and its condition.

Judging from what you've told me, something less aggressive may be needed, but you may need something more aggressive for certain areas.
    It dosent really fill in scratches. I saw a test by another member that tried to fill in 3000 grit marks and it dill fill to a minute degree but it did darken the surface a bit and you could tell where the OC2.0 was applied.

I cant wait to hear your thoughts on the hybrid pads. I truly love them on the 3401.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    Thanks Ben.

Thank you Marc! I really love what he has done with the car as well. It is always a pleasure to work on this car.

Thanks Bob. You really should try out this FG400. It truly is a fantastic product.

The OC2.0 really made the paint pop after the application. I couldnt believe the gloss that it added.

This is base housing. It is about the nicest housing in the Air Force.

I would at least get down to 1500 to get every last defect out of the paint. But on the other hand how soft is the paint? If it is soft then start with 2500. You could probably one step it with 2500 if you are really carefull and take your time. Also a pad washer would be neccessary. I wash my pads after every panel and spin dry them on the rotory and then pick up a fresh pad. I rotate 3 pads this way and I always have a clean pad.

Let me know if you need any further help.
    I have just used a pad brush and the towel method and rotated between 2 orange with v36 and 2 white ccs pads with v38.

Pad washer?! I probably would rather buy 4 to 6 each type of pad (blue and white) and probably 2 of the black for applying sv cleaner fluid. I already have to hide the flex in the spare bedroom that I use as a storage room and use the polisher while she's away at work. I can't hide a pad washer too! I'm on spending lockdown right now. I just got busted for buying more authentic hockey jerseys too. She would kill me if she found my pot of insignis and found out how much it cost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gosh I love those wheels!! I want a set of them so so badly

Sent from space through a satellite

Post Thanks / Like

I hear ya Vegas!!! It's easier too conceal a dozen pads. On the other hand you could take the stickers off and tell her it's just a bucket. Hmmmm.....might be a good idea.

Post Thanks / Like

I have just used a pad brush and the towel method and rotated between 2 orange with v36 and 2 white ccs pads with v38.

Pad washer?! I probably would rather buy 4 to 6 each type of pad (blue and white) and probably 2 of the black for applying sv cleaner fluid. I already have to hide the flex in the spare bedroom that I use as a storage room and use the polisher while she's away at work. I can't hide a pad washer too! I'm on spending lockdown right now. I just got busted for buying more authentic hockey jerseys too. She would kill me if she found my pot of insignis and found out how much it cost.
    After using the pad washer it is now my preferred way to clean pads. It may take a bit more time to get them clean but there is no denying that they will come out much cleaner than the towel method. I also brush the pads after every other section pass. Having three pads in circulation and washing them after every panel insures that I have the freshest pads.

I hear you on spending lockdown. I really want a nice dslr to capture my work but that my have to wait. On the other hand my boss just told me I could use his camera for details and that will hold me over for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Skimmer0220 View Post
    Gosh I love those wheels!! I want a set of them so so badly

Sent from space through a satellite
    I really love these wheels as well and the fact that they are authentic makes it that much more enjoyable to clean them. I really would like to have them as well but that is a lot of money for a set of wheels.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast