autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

first ever paint correction attempt

hey guys ive been really busy lately trying to do some paint correction on my lancer. i apilogize for not taking any before pictures but my car had lots of swirls and a couple noticeable scratches on the hood. i used 3m compound on the scratches with an orange pad and followed it with wolfgang total swirl remover with an orange pad also. than i did a coat of wolfgang finishing glaze and followed that with a coat of klasse high gloss sealant. i let the klasse sit overnight and than the next day i applied one coat of menzerna color lock carnauba, once again i let the colorlock set over night and finished it off with one coat of pinnacle liquid souveran wax. i had some meguiars nxt spray wax around and i decided to use that on my wheels. so guys tell me what youll think. im more than happy to take any criticisism or suggestions and ideas. i left the link down below
    where youll find the pics. thanks guys

Mobile Photobucket

Post Thanks / Like

Re: first ever paint correction attempt

Correction

I think you could have simplified the correction process by first using Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover then finish it up using Wolfgang Finishing Glaze.

Sealant

Klasse High Gloss Sealant is a great sealant that provides a nice gloss and also up to 12 months protection.....nice choice!

Wax

I haven't tried Menzerna Color Lock but I hear it's a nice product. Pinnacle Liquid Souveran is also a nice product but I've found it's lacking in durability.

Wheels

I'm not sure what you have for wheels but using Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover either by hand or with a Mothers Power Ball removes oxidation and minor scratches and will greatly improve their appearance.

Because of its protective ability, Klasse High Gloss Sealant is a great choice for providing the ultimate in sealant protection..

Photos

The photos were a bit small however the finish appears to be very glossy...

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

thanks bobby i think ill apply wolfgang swirl remover on my wheels next time. would adding a layer of megiuars nxt spray wax do anything to the finish. do you think it would make it shine more? And i also agree that the combination of these products did leave the finish very glossy. Also, what carnauba wax would you say is the best under $50.

Post Thanks / Like

also i forgot to add that i dont have anything for my matte black wheels. i just figured that by spray waxing id give them a little protection. may i ask which product would you use on matte black wheels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luis9 View Post
    also i forgot to add that i dont have anything for my matte black wheels. i just figured that by spray waxing id give them a little protection. may i ask which product would you use on matte black wheels
    I have Matte black wheels and I use Wolf's rim shield works great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luis9 View Post
    thanks bobby i think ill apply wolfgang swirl remover on my wheels next time. would adding a layer of megiuars nxt spray wax do anything to the finish. do you think it would make it shine more? And i also agree that the combination of these products did leave the finish very glossy. Also, what carnauba wax would you say is the best under $50.
    I'm not personally familiar with Meguiar's NXT line to I can't comment.

A swirl remover will clean a painted wheel up nicely but DON'T use it on a flat or mat paint finish. These are intended not to be shinny so making them shinny might not be in their best interest....

A sealant would be better or a wax such as Collinite 845. Either of these will add shine plus protection.

Best wax under $50.00 - Collinite 845 $15.00

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like
    For your question on what wax under $50 I believe signature series 2 is $50 and its one of my favorite waxes and for the price I think it's hard to beat.... I normally use liquid souveran and the. Top with sig.series2 (ss2) and have had great results as already stated both ss2 and souveran do not last very long I'd say a month before they should be reapplied.
    Car looks nice.
    I have used reload spray on wheels and like how that holds up.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" Thomas Jefferson,

Post Thanks / Like

Well thanks guys. I think ill get both collinite and the signature 2waxes on my next order