autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackRam View Post
    It sounds like 22ple has better gloss than most but durability is in question?

It's gloss is on par with other silica coatings like CQuartz uk... You can easily expect a year of good beading and sheeting. You will see longer periods of beading if you maintain the coating with proper decontamination and cleaning methods.

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: This product is a game changer! - 22ple VX1 Pro Coating

I love 22ple pro coating! Gloss is incredible, beading is insane! And best of all - application is super easy. Its the easiest coating to apply and remove I've tried to date, with Pinnacle Black label following it. Original Cquartz is MUCH harder to remove. Easy removal is a must when working on ultra soft BMW Jet black paints.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by supercharged View Post
    I love 22ple pro coating! Gloss is incredible, beading is insane! And best of all - application is super easy. Its the easiest coating to apply and remove I've tried to date, with Pinnacle Black label following it. Original Cquartz is MUCH harder to remove. Easy removal is a must when working on ultra soft BMW Jet black paints.
    Sergei, pls let us know how the durability compares to the BL coating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Post Thanks / Like

Just wondering what your thoughts are on durability.

Post Thanks / Like

Is application is easier than CQ FINEST? I have no plans to start using 22ple, I'm just curious, as I'm in love with CQ

-Beach
    People > Possessions
    Instagram: @DiamondDetail_ABQ
    www.diamonddetailabq.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Just02896 View Post
    Just wondering what your thoughts are on durability.
    I got a very solid 12 months of exceptional beading, sheeting, and shine from this product. After about 10-11 months the beading started diminishing a bit. Up to this point, I had simply done routine maintenance washes at least every 2 weeks (except in winter when it was washed whenever possible... sometimes as long as one month in between washes). Once I noticed performance was starting to degrade, I did a complete decontamination wash and iron x treatment. This brought back some of the original beading, but at that point I simply added CarPro Reload to boost performance. Note: The gloss was still amazing!!

Reload added incredible beading and sheeting. It easily lasts several months on top of the coating, so IMO it is a great product to use to help prolong the life of your coating. It has been about 1.5 years since I originally coated my car, and I plan to polish it and re-coat it with something different this summer (which will be about 1.75 years after initial application).

I have really enjoyed the 22ple product on my car (my wife's car has it too, and it is still going strong after 10 months: New Daily Driver Restoration - Paint Correction and 22ple Application). I have, however, stopped offering 22ple as a service to my customers and started using CQuartz UK. I have found that UK provides the same great looks and performance, but it less expensive therefore I can offer it at a lower price so more people have the option of upgrading to a protective coating.

Quote Originally Posted by BeachZone View Post
    Is application is easier than CQ FINEST? I have no plans to start using 22ple, I'm just curious, as I'm in love with CQ

-Beach
    "Easy" is a very subjective term in this sense.

CQuartz Finest is "easy" to apply in that it is simple to wipe on and simple to wipe off, however it is a product that takes a lot of time and patience to get right. Depending on ambient conditions (temp and humidity), Finest may need to be left on the paint for 1-2 hours before wiping away.

22ple is also very easy to wipe on and wipe off, and is simply wiped away after 3-5 minutes (I believe) depending on your ambient conditions.

This is a quick iPhone picture I took of the beading on my car a couple of days ago after a simple coin-op power wash. This is at least 3 months after Reload was applied.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work.
    How does CQUK compare to 22ple as far as removing it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigez View Post
    Nice work.
    How does CQUK compare to 22ple as far as removing it?

You mean after initial application? Like after you have wiped it on, then waited a few minutes... Or are you talking about 2 years later when you want to polish it off?

If you are referring to leveling it during application, 22ple is slightly easier, but UK is not difficult by any means.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious if reload would have prolonged the protection of the 22ple if applied at the 1 or 2 month mark after coating. I'm guessing so.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry-- Yes, was talking about removing it after initial application.
    Thanks for the quick response!

I might just try UK then!

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    You mean after initial application? Like after you have wiped it on, then waited a few minutes... Or are you talking about 2 years later when you want to polish it off?

If you are referring to leveling it during application, 22ple is slightly easier, but UK is not difficult by any means.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast