autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This product is a game changer! - 22ple VX1 Pro Coating

Quote Originally Posted by matryx View Post
    The more I read about these coatings the more interested I'm in it. I'm itching to try one of these coatings out but too bad it's winter here...
    I was wondering how much cars can you do with one bottle of this?
    I'm planning to do a SUV and three mid size sedans in the spring. Just wondering how much product I would need so I can order accordingly.

Great informative review. Thank you.
    ^Coating your paint is definitely a good choice in my opinion, although many people are against it because they enjoy applying wax regularly (which I do too, but I enjoy the protection a coating provides more).

I used about 20mL of this on my car. I could have used less if I had not done the 2nd coat on the horizontal surfaces. I'd say you would need 20-30mL for a large SUV, and 15-20mL for each mid sized sedan... total of approx. 65-90mL? A little bit goes a very, very long way - it just might take practice to not over apply the product.

Quote Originally Posted by arack View Post
    OptiCoat is a lifetime coating. If you are careful in your wash methods, you will not have any swirls.

OptiCoat is the best coating on the planet, bar none. If you want to repolish all the time, go for it, but it is not necessary.
    ^Opti-Coat is great, not disagreeing with you. Just wanted to try something "new". Also, it is not uncommon to see some minor swirling here and there after a couple of years (or less) regardless of how meticulous your wash methods are... just saying. So for those that are after perfection at all times, it is worth it to follow up with some finishing polish from time to time, as needed.

Retired Professional Detailer

Super Member Presidential_Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting your experiences, I too am very intrigued by these new paint "coating" offerings. Hoping to do my first CQF application this weekendo on a clients IS-F.

Visit Our Site - Presidential Automotive Detailing
    Authorized CQuartz FINEST Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to bring an old thread up but i just wanted to say that today i am ordering a 30ml bottle of 22ple vx1 for my Eclipse and i have to say im super excited to review it for you guys once i get it!

On minus is that the coating is on back order so it wont ship out till may 3rd :/ oh well haha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawk View Post
    Sorry to bring an old thread up but i just wanted to say that today i am ordering a 30ml bottle of 22ple vx1 for my Eclipse and i have to say im super excited to review it for you guys once i get it!

On minus is that the coating is on back order so it wont ship out till may 3rd :/ oh well haha
    Look forward to hearing your thoughts! I've used it on 4 vehicles recently and have found it very easy to work with and it yields great protection and an even better shine!

6 month update for my vehicle... car is still very glossy and the water beading and sheeting is fantastic!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    Look forward to hearing your thoughts! I've used it on 4 vehicles recently and have found it very easy to work with and it yields great protection and an even better shine!

6 month update for my vehicle... car is still very glossy and the water beading and sheeting is fantastic!

Damn those are some amazing shots!!! Looks like the coating is going strong after 6 months!

Post Thanks / Like

I will be coating two cars this weekend. One of the coatings I actually won on a facebook contest. Pretty excited, i've seen so many good reviews.

Post Thanks / Like

The DI Facebook contest?

Post Thanks / Like

10 month update

10 Month Update

I applied this coating just over 10 months ago... here is a quick update....

Maintenance
    I have been maintaining the vehicle with a weekly (or at least every other week) maintenance wash. This either consists of a rinseless wash with ONR, a standard wash with CG Citrus Wash & Gloss, or a foaming with Honey Dew Snow Foam followed by a traditional wash (all depending on how dirty the car is at the time/how much time I want to spend cleaning). Occasionally I will follow the wash up with CG V7 to remove any remaining water droplets.

Thoughts/Comments
    The coating looks fantastic. The paint truly has a 'glass-like' appearance. The vehicle is noticeably easier to clean/maintain as it is remains cleaner for longer periods of time, and the dirt wipes away very easily during washing. The surface is very slick.

I performed "the baggie test" after my most recent wash on a couple of areas, and found some mild contamination, but certainly nothing to be worried about at this point in time.

The hood of the car got sprayed with a sprinkler during a hot summer day which left some awesome water spots on the paint... me, being particularly lazy at the time, left the spots on the car for over a week. The car is garaged, but it sits outside in the hot sun while I am at work... needless to say they etched the coating. I was not surprised. I would be crazy to think anything would have resisted etching from the ridiculously hard water that we have here and in such high heat over the course of a week in the middle of the Summer... I like to think of it as "accidental durability testing" rather than me being lazy.

Water beading and sheeting is very good. The hydrophobic properties of the coating are still fully in tact. If they have diminished at all over the course of these 10 months, it is negligible. (see pictures below).

Overall, I am very pleased with the 22ple VX1 Pro Coating at this point, however this may be my last update on the product. I am itching to try something new, so whenever I get a "free" weekend, I plan on polishing the vehicle and applying CQuartz Finest to see how that compares.

This picture was taken 3-5 days after a regular maintenance wash. The vehicle was actually pretty dusty, but the gloss is still very intense. Like I said - the car stays cleaner for a longer period of time, and it looks great!

Since we finally got some long overdue rain last night... I snapped a couple of pictures of the car while I was leaving the gym. Note - the car was washed 6 days prior to being rained on. These images were (clearly) taken with a cell phone in the dark, so I apologize for the lack of clarity. Believe it or not, I don't carry a DSLR, tripod, and remote triggers with me at all times

^Nice, tight beads. The larger bead of water that you see towards the bottom is maybe the size of a nickel - just to give you a sense of scale.

Due to the excellent sheeting abilities of the coating... the vehicle was nearly dry when I got home even though it was still raining. You know how much fun it is to watch water fly right off your windshield after it has been coated or RainX'd or whatever? Well you get to watch water fly right off your entire car when you've got a good layer of protection on it. My wife thinks I'm nuts when I stare at the hood while driving just to watch the water flying at me like I am going into warp speed on star wars.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting read.

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like 22ple has better gloss than most but durability is in question?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast