autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

2012 Sonata, 2-step correction and 22ple VX1 Pro Glass Coating

This car belongs to a good friend of mine and I actually talked her into going with 22ple. Since I see her often I figured it was a car I'd be able to monitor closely and observe how it holds up over time. She's had this car for about 6 months now and I've been meaning to get it in for a new car prep ever since. Unfortunately my schedule has pushed it out until just recently. With my wife out of town on business for a week I opted to do this one during the week after I was done at my full time job...she normally doesn't like me working during the week.

I actually did more of a "hybrid polish" on this one as the car had gone through the snap n' scratch (soft cloth) wash at the dealer prior to her buying it. LMAO I love how car wash owners say their soft mops don't scratch the paint....maybe not, but when they slap against your dirty wheels and tires, then go over your paint, they CAN and WILL scratch the paint! This was very evident by the amount of marring on the lower panels. As you progressed upwards to the horizontal panels they swirls were less and less sever. Because of this I was able to 1-step most the upper panels with just Sonax Perfect Finish. While that process still yielded excellent results on the lower panels too, some deeper marring remained which I wanted to remove. For those areas I went with D300/MF for the initial correction and followed it with Sonax Perfect Finish.

Pics

50/50 test spots with SPF

After with Brinkmann

Thanks for looking,
    Rasky
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2012 Sonata, 2-step correction and 22ple VX1 Pro Glass Coating

nice job, looks great. around my neck of the woods, i see at least one new sonata a day on the road and they are very nice cars. i noticed DI carries 22ple products, how you liking them?
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3 View Post
    nice job, looks great. around my neck of the woods, i see at least one new sonata a day on the road and they are very nice cars. i noticed DI carries 22ple products, how you liking them?

Thanks! I actually just noticed DI had it today! Previously Todd was the only one who had it....

I'm liking it so far as it's very easy to use, darkens the paint nicely, and it leaves a slicker feel to the paint. Don't know much more other than that though as this was the first car I applied it to and I haven't done anything with my test pans yet.

Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?

Post Thanks / Like

looks great,is that coating easy like optigaurd?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by john b View Post
    looks great,is that coating easy like optigaurd?
    Much easier to apply than OG.