autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The 35 is ready for the Car Show

The 35 is ready to go car show on Saturday -- took the day off work first Saturday in years and we going to show two cars in small car show. This one was IP - FP - PO85RD - RMG - Souverian. The next one will be XMT series.

What a pain to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Dennis
    ======

Post Thanks / Like
    All I can say Dennis, is WOW.

Post Thanks / Like
    GREAT JOB Dennis!!!!!

Where's the show? I've got the twin turbo Porsche 996 to do tomorrow morning and get to a small show tomorrow afternoon here in KC.

You'll really like the XMT stuff. I'm going to use the #2 light swirl remover tomorrow morning, followed by a coat of Wolfgang sealant.

See Ya!

Totoland Mach

Post Thanks / Like
    Outstanding job Dennis, the 35 looks fabulous!

How many hours of effort to produce those kinds of results?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Totoland Mach
    GREAT JOB Dennis!!!!!

Where's the show? I've got the twin turbo Porsche 996 to do tomorrow morning and get to a small show tomorrow afternoon here in KC.

You'll really like the XMT stuff. I'm going to use the #2 light swirl remover tomorrow morning, followed by a coat of Wolfgang sealant.

See Ya!

Totoland Mach
    This one is Saturday in Emporia, ks. Is there anything going on Memorial Day in KC that attracts street rods?
    -Dennis
    ======

Post Thanks / Like
    Well the black coupe took Best Paint and the red coupe took major vender award. Best of show was taken by a trailered in real high dollar Willies. The judges couldn't believe the depth of my paint and the lack of swirls.
    Here is a picture from the show.

Here is my next project. We are waiting for a XMT and plan to top with Souverian or Natty Blue. This one hardest one I have to choose which product looks best. I have tried NXT, UUP, Wolfgang, Zanio, Mothers, VMG, RMG, YMG and Natty Blue and it is hard to tell the difference between them.

Last edited by dennish; 05-22-2006 at 08:40 AM.
    -Dennis
    ======

Post Thanks / Like
    I have said it before and will say it again...your cars look great! Nice job.
    Trailered vehicles should be in a separate class.

The vette color is going to be a challenge. Very subtle tone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cannot wait to see the vette, I bet it is going to glow when you are done!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dennish
    This one is Saturday in Emporia, ks. Is there anything going on Memorial Day in KC that attracts street rods?
    Dennis: here are some links I gleaned from Hemmings Car Club site: I might drive my beater down to the street rod nat's to just attend and drool.

May 26-28. Springfield, MO: NRSA Mid-America Street Rod Nationals. Sheraton Hawthorn Park Hotel (event registration and host), 2431 N. Glenstone, Springfield MO 65803. (800) 346-8357. Registration hours: Thursday 5/26 - 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm, Friday 5/27 - 9:00 am to 6:00 pm, Saturday 5/28 - 9:00 pm to 2:00 pm. Visit http://nsra-usa.com/ for complete details. Registration form

Here is another one in KC. The Shriners put on a big show/carnival, etc

May 27. Kansas City, KS: Abdallah Shrine Rodeo Car Show sponsored by Abdallah Shrine Rodeo Days. Wyandotte County Fairgrounds, 1405 North 98th Street (I-435 and State Avenue), Kansas City, KS 66111. Rodeo, car show, carnival and craft show with beer garden. Event open to all cars, trucks, motorcycles, import tuners and low riders. Pre-entries received by May 12th will receive free T-shirt and 2 rodeo tickets. Dash plaques for the first 100 entries. For more info contact Roger at (913) 724-2333 or Lynn at (913) 393-1559.

And finally, this one is a small show that I haven't attended before.

May 27. Raytown, MO: 1st Annual Our Lady of Lourdes School Car Show. 8812 East Gregory Boulevard, Raytown, MO 64133. Registration from 8:00 am to Noon. Awards for the top 10 cars and trucks plus 5 special awards: Father Powers Pick, Lourdes PTO Pick, Teacher's Pick, Pharaohs Pick, and South 71 Cruisers Pick. Awards start at 3:30 pm. Entry fee $15. 50's and 60's music, 50/50 pot, door prizes, food and drinks. All proceeds go to Our Lady of Lourdes School. For more information contact Stephanie at (816) 7637-5471 or Gary at (816) 804-3097. Show flyer

My schedule may change as an independent BMW dealer has interviewed me to wet sand and/or paint prep $$$ euro cars that he buys. It's part time (which I like as I already have a full time job), pays well, and he will teach me wet sanding (which I know zero about). I'm talking to him Thursday and that will determine which shows I go to (if any).

Great Show Results for Ya Dennis! Going against trailered cars is extremely tough (and one sided IMO). I attend some mustang shows and there is a same year Mach as mine with 500 miles on it (after 3 whole years). Tough to compete against this, but I have a good time anyway.

Take Care Sir

Totoland Mach

Post Thanks / Like
    Dennis--Is the 35 a kit car or an original rebuilt? Do you do the building/restoring yourself?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast