autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

1987 Buick Grand National

Pics to follow..... Customer wanted a complete buff (compound and polish). The entire process was completed by a friend and myself. He ran the rotary with wool, and I followed with the FLEX 3401 and LC flat pads. Products used were Meguires Diamond Cut, Optimum Polish II, and Optimum Finish Polish. I managed to get by with an orange and white LC foam pads to correct the wool/rotary process. This was single stage paint, and at some point had been resprayed. However, the respray was not a base and clear. It was pretty rough, for only having 43,000 miles on it and had tons of etched in water spots. Thanks again Mike for advice over the phone. This was my first correction with single stage paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1987 Buick Grand National

Quote Originally Posted by CHALM View Post
    Pics to follow..... Customer wanted a complete buff (compound and polish). The entire process was completed by a friend and myself. He ran the rotary with wool, and I followed with the FLEX 3401 and LC flat pads. Products used were Meguires Diamond Cut, Optimum Polish II, and Optimum Finish Polish. I managed to get by with an orange and white LC foam pads to correct the wool/rotary process. This was single stage paint, and at some point had been resprayed. However, the respray was not a base and clear. It was pretty rough, for only having 43,000 miles on it and had tons of etched in water spots. Thanks again Mike for advice over the phone. This was my first correction with single stage paint.

Look forward to it .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CHALM View Post

Last edited by CHALM; 08-04-2012 at 12:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks awesome!

Post Thanks / Like
    I own a Turbo Buick. Great rides and you can make them super quick. Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice car, nice job. I would love to try SS paint. Is the pad cleanable?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    Nice car, nice job. I would love to try SS paint. Is the pad cleanable?
    The pads that I cleaned on the fly came out better than expected. This orange one was the last pad I used (for that stage of polish) and I didn't begin to clean it until later on. As a matter of fact, I believe it is still soaking in the Dawn soap bucket.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Turboclam View Post
    I own a Turbo Buick. Great rides and you can make them super quick. Thanks for sharing.
    The owner wants to get 300+ out of it, and have it still be reliable. I have always wanted to clean one, but I was also lucky enough to drive it too.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job in there

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to mention that he was only paying for a "two-step" procedure..... Compound and polish. Obviously, going from a wool/Diamond cut (what my buddy chose to use) to a polish wasn't going to happen without a snag....nor did it. I had to run over it with a white LC pad and OPT Finish Polish. In the end, I ate the third step in regard to labor, but I'm glad I did that. He was so happy, that he now wants a wash and wax on his new Jeep, and is going to let us mess with his newer Z06. Oh....and they are both black vehicles. ;-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast