autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Need help with new Mercedes ML350

Hi everyone. I was a member here a number of years ago but can't find any of my information so I'm starting fresh. Good thing too because my new car is fresh too! Just two weeks old. I went to work right away as soon as I got it home. I have a Honda Ridgeline in Silver and I used the same procedure on the Mercedes "Diamond White" paint (which is absolutely beautiful under lights and in sun).

First I washed and clayed with a mild clay (Griot). There was no rail dust and little I could feel on the surface but I went ahead and the clay picked up some particles. I like Duragloss products and after washing the ML again, this time with ONR, I put down a layer of Bonding Agent (601) and topped that with Total Polish (105) and buffed. After waiting overnight to cure, I gave it another coating of 105. I waited another 12 hours and finished up with AquaWax. This was all done by hand and at my age (mid-60s) my joints, back and hands start to hurt and that leads to my question about an electric polisher.

Today I should be receiving my Griot 6" polisher and some pads. I have attached some photos of my detail while I was waiting for my Wheel Wax to haze and I am wondering how to use this polisher next time with the products I have mentioned. BTW, please do not hesitate to give me tips on other products besides Duragloss that might enhance this rock hard "diamond white" paint. I am leery of the electric polisher on brand new, perfect condition paint but my days doing this work by hand are numbered. What pads do I need? What procedure? I have watched the videos on how to use a polisher and I will experiment first on my pick-up truck but what pads to use with what products is throwing me. For example, is the bonding agent considered a polish? Is the 105 actually a polish or more a sealant because there are different pads for each? Anything you all can give me to help maintain this car of my dreams is much appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need help with new Mercedes ML350-007-jpg   Need help with new Mercedes ML350-006-jpg   Need help with new Mercedes ML350-005-jpg   Need help with new Mercedes ML350-008-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a good start, you will be looking for the blue, red, or yellow pads.

http://www.auto-geek.net/charts/buff...d-chart-lc.htm

P.S very nice Mercedes!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need help with new Mercedes ML350

That is an excellent source! I just got an email from Duragloss where I also asked the same question. They said to use the mildest pad I have coming for both the bonding agent and the polish. I bought a kit and the Uber pads that come with the kit come in different colors with the mildest being a "finishing" pad. The LC pads you linked have several finishing pads so I'll have plenty to choose from. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Polsihed by HAND! I need a hot tub just thinking about that! I have the Griots polisher and you will like it. Very powerful and great warrenty.

Post Thanks / Like

You're right, Kevin! I try to keep in shape with walking, lots of golf and going to the gym a few times a week but still, my best remedy for these old bones is what you just said - and here it is!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need help with new Mercedes ML350-p1030096-jpg