autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Express Auto Detailing C-Quartz Finest on Gallardo

Good job!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic_Detailing View Post
    Is that an MTM Hydro Foam Cannon? Looks like it isn't creating quite the thick shaving creme foam it's capable of, do you have the adjustment cap twisted or a non-foam soap in the canister?

I LOVE THE VIDEOS BY THE WAY! Thank you
    Same concept. Also the soap is the new Iron X Snow Soap. The adjustment is more on the fan side. I can assure you it is plenty enough foam for PROPER lubrication on the surface. You never want all foam either on the setting it is now when you are making passes foam builds up thus far plopping off the car onto the ground creating waste and really not even allowing the soap to do its proper job. Also please remeber this video is sped up 4x's.

I am by no means saying you dont understand the concept and proper foam bath. But I see some people try and get to carried away with the foam. Yes although it may look cool but you are wasting product and if you have a good or using expensive wash its pointless. Than 2 the main reason being that there also needs to be a right percentage of water when you are gliding the Waschpudel across the surface for the proper wash.

Thank you for liking the videos I will try and keep them coming. As well as getting better shooting them. Keep the questions coming guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Nice informative video, but that music...
    Yes, the music was lame.

But the soft focus on vid #2 was 100X worse. And since that was the one showing the application and removal of the new "Finest" it needed to be perfectly displayed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressDetail View Post
    Same concept. Also the soap is the new Iron X Snow Soap.
    Iron-X car shampoo, that's a good idea - it strips the paint and removes built up iron deposits right? I have TRIX coming in the mail today with my orders from Auto Geek, although of course not a shampoo.

Also please remeber this video is sped up 4x's.
    After you film your detail process, what program do you use, or what program(s) are available to add the time-lapse feature to the videos?

I can assure you it is plenty enough foam for PROPER lubrication on the surface. You never want all foam either on the setting it is now when you are making passes foam builds up thus far plopping off the car onto the ground creating waste and really not even allowing the soap to do its proper job.

I am by no means saying you dont understand the concept and proper foam bath.
    I have yet to use a Foam Cannon, so I always assumed more foam meant more protection and helped loosen contaminants from the paint, kind of allowing them to float away in shrouded in a cloud of protection.

But I see some people try and get to carried away with the foam. Yes although it may look cool but you are wasting product and if you have a good or using expensive wash its pointless.
    So find a good half-and-half water and solution mixture?
    "Don't Drive Dull!"
    Carsmetic Rehabilitation Detailologist: Aesthetic Actualization

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldmodman View Post
    Yes, the music was lame.

But the soft focus on vid #2 was 100X worse. And since that was the one showing the application and removal of the new "Finest" it needed to be perfectly displayed.
    Well it was not the soft focus. Youtube asked if I wanted it to fix any small vibration in video and you see the end result. All the text was supposed to be clean and crisp now it jumps around. SO NEVER HAVE YOUTUBE "FIX" YOUR VIDEO.

Iron-X car shampoo, that's a good idea - it strips the paint and removes built up iron deposits right? I have TRIX coming in the mail today with my orders from Auto Geek, although of course not a shampoo.
    Well as far as striping I prefer the eraser and use the crap out of that product probaly a bit overkill I Wash , Clay , Eraser , Cut , Eraser , Finese , Eraser , Polish , Eraser , LSP. Probably a bit of overkill some may say but I strive for perfection and would rather see it all the way though.

I also have Trix and love that product as well.

After you film your detail process, what program do you use, or what program(s) are available to add the time-lapse feature to the videos?
    It was windows movie maker. There was a FF selection.

I have yet to use a Foam Cannon, so I always assumed more foam meant more protection and helped loosen contaminants from the paint, kind of allowing them to float away in shrouded in a cloud of protection.
    The way I see it is the key to the Foam is to hold the solution in place for a few reasons increases dwell time in a area for the solution to break things down. Another is that it holds the solution/lubrication for you to wash with in place as you make your passes. But also when your foam is to thick it just piles foam on foam causing waste in product. I do not see any signifigant gain from that method. Also the more foam means less water and water is a key to both maintaining the vehicle cool as well as proper anti friction across the surface.

So find a good half-and-half water and solution mixture?
    Yes I would not say half/half but I think you get the idea. Also some soaps you can cut where I do not believe in cutting any products that is designed to attack Iron.

First off I will start by saying we always use a filter. With my experiences when you cut a product designed to remove,attack iron the chemical reaction already starts as soon as you cut the product. Thus elimating the initial and what I believe on of the most important parts of a chemical reaction if not the most. So I do not cut my Iron X which I only use on the rims and I do not cut my Iron X Snow Foam "wash".

I hope I covered all your questions if not just let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work sir!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OvertimeDetail View Post
    Nice work sir!
    Thank You the video has now been fixed. YouTube allows you to undo there "fix"

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for the great detailed response! I received a liter of TRIX in the mail just today from Auto Geek, so I will be trying that out on the white vehicles I'm hired to detail to remove the iron deposits from the brine put down on the road over the winters.

Thanks for the tips!

By the way, as far as a water filtration system, do you believe it is better than a basic soft water system with a filter attached, and if so, what system do you suggest for high volume (6 days a week full time detailing) to achieve the cleanest spot free water?
    "Don't Drive Dull!"
    Carsmetic Rehabilitation Detailologist: Aesthetic Actualization

Super Member Desert Detail & More's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice, I think that Lambo came from Arizona.
    Desert Detail

89 Toyota Cressida with a 2JZ....... Mmmmmmm boost.......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast