autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I hate Toyota brakes

Everyone is trying to solve this the wrong way.

Just stop slowing down.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HotWhipT/A View Post
    Get ceramic brake pads. I had the same problem, until I upgraded. Autozone usually has their top of the line ceramic pads for most cars.
    Depends on what you are after ... a daily driver, ceramics will be an upgrade in terms of less noise, wear and dust.

If you track your car, or are a 'spirited driver' ceramic will be a downgrade. Dust and noise are the compromise you get for better braking performance.
    Detail Fest 2012 Face Book Page
    Club Flex 3401/PE14-2-150
    -Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Imagine that run off is going into our rivers, streams, lakes or ocean after a rain.
    Well seeing as I don't live in a watershed, my waste water all goes through treatment plant, and my brakes are no different in composition than anything else on the road (see street legal) ... tell me which pads i should be running that run on unicorn farts give off rainbows.
    -Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldmodman View Post
    Everyone is trying to solve this the wrong way.

Just stop slowing down.
    I dig your style
    -Bill

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=ryanbabz71;675717]Again I have less than 3k miles not going to do a brake job on a brand new vehicle

Ryan

**** If you think off all the time most "Auto Geeks" spend cleaning their wheels (or looking at them dirty a day after you just cleaned them) and how filthy they get with some factory pads it really is worth it. Before I switched, I might spend an hour or so a week cleaning my wheels, just to have the dirty and dusty after 1 ride. The difference is drastic; especially with a German car. You go from full dust to no dust. The insides of the wheels stay clean also. Once I changed my brakes from factory BMW pads to organics, I never needed anything stronger than car wash to clean my wheels. Most likely, you will never need anything stronger than APC to clean them again if it's done somewhat regularly. And, no I can clean my wheels in less than 15 minutes, as most of what's on there just rinses off. Also, since the wheels stay cleaner, and there are no semi-metallic particles to clean off, the clear coat finish on the wheels doesn't get scratched up. With the cash some spend on pricey "safe" wheel cleaners, the switch will pay for itself in no time. Also, may aftermarket low dust pads are fairly inexpensive and if your rotors aren't warped you can probably just swap the pads. In my opinion, to do it when the car is new is the best time, that way the rotors are still fresh for the new pads. Front and rear dustless pads for my BMW were only about 125 dollars, super cheap, and that was for an M model. Best money I ever spent, as clean wheels really do go a long way towards giving a car a clean or "detailed" look IMHO.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234