autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face My Mother's Day Weekend - so far . . .

I finally took a Friday off work in order to have three days to dedicate to the long overdue summer prep of my CR-V. The summer sun has already started beating down here in AZ - over 100 degrees Friday, Saturday & expected to continue through the coming week.

I started Thursday night with a wash (PB's Super Slick'nSuds in the foam gun), hit the tires with Purple Power APC (cut 10:1) & a scrub brush to remove old dressing remnants), and used Clay Magic lube & clay. I didn't take any before pics, because it was still looking "good", but it hasn't felt "slick" for some time. Now I could feel the slickness returning

Friday I spent six hours in the garage, starting with a once over with Klasse AIO applied with a Megs Polishing Pad on the PC on 2, then boosted to 5. After wiping it off with a PB's Green Ultra m/f (St. Patrick's Day special), I went over the two year old paint very carefully & could not find a scratch or swirl anywhere. So I passed on my planned SSR1 step, and went directly to CK Vanilla Moose applied by hand with a m/f covered foam applicator. Using a DC Prestige Polishing cloth, the VM removed like butter, and the few times the towel folded on itself, it was nice not to have to worry about any edges to cause marring.

Here are two shots taken in the garage after the VM was removed.

Yes, I removed the spare tire before I began

Then it was time to start on the trim . . . working in small sections, I bathed it in PB's Trim Restore, applying it with a 1" foam paintbrush & going over & over to keep it even, then leaving it for 10 minutes, and buffing with an old m/f. On the harder plastic on the doors, I topped it with VM to see if it would help it hold up to the AZ sun.

Then it was on to applying the first layer of PB's EX-P with a Megs Foam Finishing Pad on the PC set on 2. I removed it with PB's DMT ("sister towel" to Dwaynes PPC), the EX-P wiped off like butter.

After that, I quickly treated the tires to a rubdown with PB's Bold 'n Bright tire dressing, backed the V out into the driveway for the following pictures:

Yes, those really were clouds up in the sky!!

Saturday morning I got up early & applied the second coat of EX-P (yes, I know, only 12 hours "cure" time), but I wanted it there before I took the V out for the day. Once again, I used Megs foam finishing pad with the PC set on 2 & this time I removed it with a SMP Soft Edge MicroFiber towel - another winner in my book.

A very pleasing combo

When we got home from our Saturday morning errands, I stopped in the driveway for the following pics of the V with two coats of EX-P.

Today I'll give it the third coat of EX-P (24 hours cure time this time) and start counting the days til "waxing season"
    Old enough to know better,
    But still too young to care!!

Post Thanks / Like
    The hood shot is amazing. I know how hard it is to make metallic reflect an image that well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Norah nice to see you were relaxing on Mothers Day!

Post Thanks / Like
    You did the TOP of a SUV. I didn't think ANYbody did the TOP!

Post Thanks / Like
    lots of .You did a beautiful job. Sorry you worked so hard on Mothers Day..

btw,what are your thoughs on the VMHG ?