autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

First Attempt Removing Swirls from '08 Lade! Miami Beach!

So when I got this car last year in March I was YFF (Young Fly and Flashy) and wanted a car to have my same personality (Actually just needed something to lug the kids around in and was totally opposed to driving a minivan). So I decided to get a black Escalade off eBay. I mean this thing was loaded with bose surround system and all the bells and whistles included and they even thru in an extra DISO (Dealer Installed Swirl Option) option at no cost! I was too excited. As soon as it got to me I took it to the car wash and carefully washed the dirty car as it had been on a truck from Texas. And to my surprise thats when I noticed it like laser etched streaks of love all down the sides and front of my car, "Oh f^c% they game me that DISO option for free!!!" Well come to find out down here in Miami, unlike Houston apparently, noone really likes DISO on their cars so I decided to take matters into my own hands instead of paying someone 300 to do it I may as well do it myself. So here is my first ever swirl removal attempt.

Used PC7424 w/ Orange CCS Pad w/ Ultimate Compound

Before

After

Post Thanks / Like

Re: First Attempt Removing Swirls from '08 Lade! Miami Beach!

You did a very nice job. The paint looks so glossy.

I would never pay extra for dealerships swirl removal or scratch removal plans. They are pointless.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great! my mom just got rid of her 09 escalade, it had the 6.2l and man would it haul!! Her paint looked like this as well, she took it through the swirl o matic weekly when her son is a detailer!

Still dont understand why these eskies are 70k and they have no metallic flake, blows my mind. Boring black!
    2005 GMC Sierra z71 fully loaded, straight pipes, hypertech programmer, cold air intake, 35" BFG mud terrain Km2's on 2009 Sierra wheels, painted door handles and mirrors.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry guys. I didnt mean to post like 6 times. Was trying to edit to get pictures to show up. I promise Im not an a$$! I will get it right. This si the real post

Post Thanks / Like

NICE! Plus I live Miami

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kelley386 View Post
    Looks great! my mom just got rid of her 09 escalade, it had the 6.2l and man would it haul!! Her paint looked like this as well, she took it through the swirl o matic weekly when her son is a detailer!

Still dont understand why these eskies are 70k and they have no metallic flake, blows my mind. Boring black!
    Yeah escalades are quick as crap if I use the correct gas. Its superfast for a truck. Hell even a car! What did your mom get when she got rid of her truck?

Post Thanks / Like

That ultimate compound is great stuff. I apply it the same way you do. Wonderful results.
    02 Honda Accord SE 131,xxx Miles
    92 Lexus SC400 83,xxx miles

Post Thanks / Like

Nice 1st time results!

I generally wipe CD2 while it's still wet for a more matte finish. I then use the moist rag on plastic wheel well liners, it lasts longer than dressings. Giving things under the hood a quick wipe with a moist towel after drying the vehicle will keep things from crudding up again.

FWIW, once you get the underhood pad cleaned of gunk Armor All Tire Foam will darken it up and keep it looking good with an occasional wipe.

TL <---- can't recall ever seeing the word "fly" used on AGO before unless it involved an airplane

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vellie View Post
    Yeah escalades are quick as crap if I use the correct gas. Its superfast for a truck. Hell even a car! What did your mom get when she got rid of her truck?
    She got a 2011 Cadillac SRX4, its got a little v6 but its AWD, sitting on 20's. Its a sweet ride for sure, my favorite thing is that the whole entire dash is wrapped in buckskin leather with black stitching and when you crank it up a 8" Nav screen pops out of the dash! Its like a champagne color(Cadillac name for pewter silverish). She just got it 4 days ago but i cant wait to lay a coat of 845 down on it!
    2005 GMC Sierra z71 fully loaded, straight pipes, hypertech programmer, cold air intake, 35" BFG mud terrain Km2's on 2009 Sierra wheels, painted door handles and mirrors.

Post Thanks / Like

That turned out very nice!! Love Ult compound.

Saw that you did an engine detail. Any tips for another beginner in engine detailing? Plan on getting it done tomorrow, but still a bit cautious and hesitant on it.
    Who said you had to be a guy to like detailing?
    Eva

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast