autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dennis: I got my Cyclo kit the other day and tried it on "Mikey Da Beater" last night. It's my daily driver and has been at long term airport parking this past week (you know that one...it's where the unburnt jet fuel on final approach coats the cars).

Anyway, the Cyclo seemed bulky at first, but I got used to that in a few minutes. And it seems to work product twice as fast as the pc! I tried the new XMT #2 Swirl Remover followed by a coat of XMT Carnuba Finishing Glaze. The swirl remover is for very light scratches and worked great. There's not dusting with this product like DACP.

The XMT Carnuba Finishing Glaze is worth a try on show cars. I've been super impressed with this product. The depth of gloss it leaves is outstanding and I'm going to try it on a Black Porsche 996 twin turbo this weekend.

Finally, you're right about that Cyclo switch! I've turned it off several times due to my hand placement on the handle and trying it on some body curves.

Totoland Mach

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks.........my cars garaged and I wouldn't be using my duster in the sun or on heavy grime.....just a light dust, so i guess i'll be ok using it like that
    thanks again.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCoupe
    Dennis--Sounds like you are the guy to ask about this, judging from your post. You feel that QD'ing is the cause of swirls? How about those "California Dusters"? Same problem? My black car sits out at work during the day. I would like to QD but I have been afraid to for the reason you stated. Sounds like I have to either wash it properly or drive it dirty.

Where are you? If you are in South Florida, I would like to come and see your cars at shows.
    Unless you are running the show circuit and do mostly indoor shows you end up in some city park on grass surface and under trees. Here is Kansas in the middle of the summer that grass is dry and moving cars in and just people waking around stirs up dust and you end up using the California duster several times a during the show. Anytime you dealing with removing dust and dirt on the surface you most likely well get some swirls. I use the California dust and have for years but I only let the very tips of the dust touch the surface and I resist the urge to apply little pressure. Using a QD is usually a judgment call and a lot times I just won’t use one. This is where my views and lot of other differ – on show cars I only use Glazes plus Wax (RMG and PS) and I use sealants on my daily drivers only. The reason being is using the Glaze/Waxes leaves a near perfect finish and very minor swirls are covered up. Minor swirls in my daily drivers are acceptable but if you are showing cars they are held to a higher standard.
    -Dennis
    ======

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Totoland Mach
    Dennis: I got my Cyclo kit the other day and tried it on "Mikey Da Beater" last night. It's my daily driver and has been at long term airport parking this past week (you know that one...it's where the unburnt jet fuel on final approach coats the cars).

Anyway, the Cyclo seemed bulky at first, but I got used to that in a few minutes. And it seems to work product twice as fast as the pc! I tried the new XMT #2 Swirl Remover followed by a coat of XMT Carnuba Finishing Glaze. The swirl remover is for very light scratches and worked great. There's not dusting with this product like DACP.

The XMT Carnuba Finishing Glaze is worth a try on show cars. I've been super impressed with this product. The depth of gloss it leaves is outstanding and I'm going to try it on a Black Porsche 996 twin turbo this weekend.

Finally, you're right about that Cyclo switch! I've turned it off several times due to my hand placement on the handle and trying it on some body curves.

Totoland Mach
    I think it is a lot more effective tool over the PC.

I'm always looking for good Glazes for my cars so have you tryed Red Moose Glaze? If so -- how do they compare?

If they would just make the switch throw the other way -- I would perfer and trigger or one like on the PC.
    -Dennis
    ======

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12