autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Big "A" Detailing 08 Civic Removing Overspray By Hand Compounding on You Tube

The customer spray tinted his tail lights without removing them first. The trunk, driver quarter & rear bumper had heavy overspray. I removed the wing to get to everything.
    It was friday night & I had a ton of work lined up for the next day.
    This was the quickest way to remove the overspray. I misted water on the surface first & then rubbed in the compound with a micro fiber towel. By hand compounding the entire car I got the paint to about 85% which was the goal for this job. I used Meguiars M205 Polish then 3M Ultrafine Polish with my Dewalt DW849 rotary.
    I put on the first coat of Klasse @ 12:14am & let it cure for a half hour then removed it. I laid on another coat of Klasse around 12:45am & left it there & called it a night!
    Humberto come in @ 7am to remove the tape & Klasse & get the car ready for an early morning pickup!
    We clayed, hand compounded, clayed, hand compounded till the overspray was all off. I cant tell you why it was done this way but it worked =)
    I didnt take out the halogens on the whole car, just the areas that had overspray. With the halogens on its easier to see the overspray.

Check us out on You Tube!

Thanks for watching!
    -Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Big "A" Detailing 08 Civic Removing Overspray By Hand Compounding on You Tube

Nice comeback!

2001 c5 z06
    2000 Camaro SS - SOLD

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Big "A" Detailing 08 Civic Removing Overspray By Hand Compounding on You Tube

That's too much work for my taste. Great job!!!!

Did you try solvent removal of the overspray before going with the compounding method?
    Jon Miles

Post Thanks / Like

Way to much work, I really hope it was on a bet that you then won!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, way too much work, but it was the music that really killed me. Had to mute.

Post Thanks / Like

Not a big fan of "videos" that are actually a series of pics and then the music background really kills it for me. Nothing is learned with these kinds of videos, in my opinion.
    That said, you do nice work. The client was a bit of a bozo I guess. Hope you made some coin on that one especially considering the amout of work and the time of day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by c5z06camaro View Post
    Nice comeback!
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JonMiles View Post
    That's too much work for my taste. Great job!!!!

Did you try solvent removal of the overspray before going with the compounding method?
    i dont turn down work. this is how i eat lol. nah if i tried to rub the car with straight lq thinner, i dont know what wouldve happened. i did what worked the best for the time i had on the job. if it wasnt friday night i wouldve maybe done this job diffrently. clay just was not removing the overspray fast enough & i was running out of energy as the night went on! i was running out of time too!

Quote Originally Posted by Jons6.7 View Post
    Way to much work, I really hope it was on a bet that you then won!
    nope, not a bet but a silly mistake by the customer that wound up being my problem to fix. i got paid good money to save this one. =)

Quote Originally Posted by kimtyson View Post
    Not a big fan of "videos" that are actually a series of pics and then the music background really kills it for me. Nothing is learned with these kinds of videos, in my opinion.
    That said, you do nice work. The client was a bit of a bozo I guess. Hope you made some coin on that one especially considering the amout of work and the time of day.
    who said these videos are made to teach anyone? im showing off my work. if you learn something then cool. if not then cool.
    i know what your saying. i have had alot of complaints about posting too much pics so i decided to switch it up to you tube. it cost me a little bit of $ to hire someone to make these slideshow (videos) lol or whatever you want to call them. i have alot of old work from the last 6 months that i will be making you tube slideshows for.
    i plan to incoorporate video footage of me polishing for new presentations.
    hope you understand.
    the song worked for the amount of time we had for the video. after figuring everything out i needed to find a song that was 3:19 so thats why i chose the song i did.
    not everyones guna like the song but thats what the mute button is for lol.

yes, i made good $ on this job but it was not a fun one. i had too much work booked the following day. i needed to get this car done before the morning so i could get rid of it & out of my way!

thank you!