autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poorboys S & G

Post Thanks / Like

Poorboys S & G

No before pics but beleive me the car was filthy.
    Shampoo w/kit wash and wax
    WW guzzler
    Hyper dressing 3 to 1 tires and wheel wells
    PBs S & G

The hyper dressing 3 to 1 was ok for the wheel wells but i didnt care for on the tires ,their wasnt enough gloss for my liking.
    directions did say cut 3 to 1 for a satin finish.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Poorboys S & G-pbs-s-w-feflection-shot-004-jpg   Poorboys S & G-pbs-s-w-feflection-shot-001-jpg   Poorboys S & G-pbs-s-w-feflection-shot-002-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe.p
    No before pics but beleive me the car was filthy.
    Shampoo w/kit wash and wax
    WW guzzler
    Hyper dressing 3 to 1 tires and wheel wells
    PBs S & G

The hyper dressing 3 to 1 was ok for the wheel wells but i didnt care for on the tires ,their wasnt enough gloss for my liking.
    directions did say cut 3 to 1 for a satin finish.
    LOVE the reflection shots!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Yep...nice reflections!

Is that a flowering crab in your hood? haha

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Meghan
    LOVE the reflection shots!
    Glad you like it,
    Their perrty like you

Post Thanks / Like
    I initially walked away from S&G after having some real bad streaking while using it. Steve from Poorboys even sent me a micro to see if it was my towel choice, to no avail.

What I did find out recently, it works extremely well when used on a damp vehicle. No streaking and rewarding gloss. Simply I blow the car almost dry, and then I spritz each panel. It offers enough lubrication to glide the Guzzler over the surface, and amps up the gloss when done. Much more rewarding, and glad I revisited.

Post Thanks / Like
    I initially walked away from S&G after having some real bad streaking while using it. Steve from Poorboys even sent me a micro to see if it was my towel choice, to no avail.

What I did find out recently, it works extremely well when used on a damp vehicle. No streaking and rewarding gloss. Simply I blow the car almost dry, and then I spritz each panel. It offers enough lubrication to glide the Guzzler over the surface, and amps up the gloss when done. Much more rewarding, and glad I revisited.
    I'm also having some issues with streaking
    As the days become warmer and the panels heat up the S&G will streak.I'm not so sure other products used the same way wouldn't have some streaking as well.killrwheels@autogeek have you experienced streaking with other QDers also?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe.p
    I'm also having some issues with streaking
    As the days become warmer and the panels heat up the S&G will streak.I'm not so sure other products used the same way wouldn't have some streaking as well.killrwheels@autogeek have you experienced streaking with other QDers also?
    Several .... especially the S&G, Werkstatt Carnuba Glos, and Menzena Acrylic Spritz. I am amazed at how little streaking Crystal Mist, Clearkote Quikshine, and Finish Kare 425 leave. But I still try everyone that comes to market. I gotta admit I am a QD'ing junky. I just picked up a bottle of Zymol Detailer for 2.99 at Biglots along with TurtleWax High Gloss. Heck I know they are mass market products, but I cannot resist.

Post Thanks / Like
    I keep reading about this streaking. I never have this problem. I use a
    plush MF towel and lightly spray and buff to a high gloss. LSP is Natty's Blue.
    I wonder if maybe the shampoo used or the LSP maybe a contributing
    factor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by belcherm58
    I keep reading about this streaking. I never have this problem. I use a
    plush MF towel and lightly spray and buff to a high gloss. LSP is Natty's Blue.
    I wonder if maybe the shampoo used or the LSP maybe a contributing
    factor.

Some of it is due to heat in South Florida and more importantly the humidity. I also blame some products as they appear to be made almost "too concentrated". I use very plush towels, and very anal about how much QD'er is used. Doesnt seem to be makeup as no streaking with Sonus, yet Menzerna always does and both are acrylic, and see very little with Werkstatt Glos also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    Several .... especially the S&G, Werkstatt Carnuba Glos, and Menzena Acrylic Spritz. I am amazed at how little streaking Crystal Mist, Clearkote Quikshine, and Finish Kare 425 leave. But I still try everyone that comes to market. I gotta admit I am a QD'ing junky. I just picked up a bottle of Zymol Detailer for 2.99 at Biglots along with TurtleWax High Gloss. Heck I know they are mass market products, but I cannot resist.
    LOL, QDs are my product weak spot as well. They are an easy itch to scratch as I rationalize my purchases with the understanding that along with car wash they are a consumable that I go through rather quickly. Add to that I've not yet met the QD that I didn't like (that is none have proven to be truly bad). I've been stalking my Big Lots in hopes that the TW detailer would show up on the shelves, but they haven not yet made an appearance.

I have not worked my way to PB's S&G or FK's 425, but they are on the radar. I bought several gallons of Meg's FD when I heard it was being discontinued. That when combined with a gallon of Adam's DS and the various 16/32oz bottles of misc QDs/spray waxes and I need to find some more room.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast