autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poorboys S & G

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    Some of it is due to heat in South Florida and more importantly the humidity. I also blame some products as they appear to be made almost "too concentrated". I use very plush towels, and very anal about how much QD'er is used. Doesnt seem to be makeup as no streaking with Sonus, yet Menzerna always does and both are acrylic, and see very little with Werkstatt Glos also.
    Agreed heat and humidity can both contribute to the problem (we get plenty of both...and the humidity factor seems to be on the rise in recent years). The heat especially when the surface is so hot that the product begins to dry before it gets wiped. That problem seems to alleviate itself as the wiping towel gets a little more damp with product.

I'm pretty "free" when applying QDs (did I mention I've got alot ). If I get streaking, I actually apply more product and grab a second towel if necessary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean
    If I get streaking, I actually apply more product and grab a second towel if necessary.
    This is the exact same thing that I do as well.

I also have noticed when I get streaking with S&G that the panels are warm if not hot. The other thing to take into consideration is the amount sprayed on the paint surface. If used sparingly I have found that there is very little streaking and wonderful gloss. To much product requires a second application with a light spray.

It is also very important to always have a dry and not damp towel for drying to maintain a streak free paint surface. The initial wipe down only requires a clean towel. It can be damp. In fact damp requires less product when applied. That is why I have been using a foam core waffle weave to aid in my application around my black truck.

I never use a waffel weave foam core towels unless I have done an S&W wipedown previous to the S&G.
    cwcad

Do What You Say....Say What You Do!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life's details

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12