Quote Originally Posted by vet View Post
You do good work for free, lol. Nice looking HD, I've always liked them. How much got on the engine? Would have taken me 5 hours to just wash it. What method/equipment did you use? Enquiring minds want to know.
Well the engine got a little wet with the muddy water but because I keep it clean and dressed constantly because we do a lot of car shows as vendors selling products it was a matter of spraying a citrus based cleaner all over the engine compartment.I then let it dwell for five minutes and hosed it off with a blaster nozzle on my hose. I drove it around then came back and hosed it off once more then reapplied some dressing.The real not so fun wash getting the undercarriage cleaned.I was given a trick to help loosen up the mud by throwing the lawn water sprinkler under the truck and run it for a while.It actually helped.I was under the truck for two and half hours cleaning. I must have brought back 100 pounds of mud dirt and grass.I then hosed out the door jambs and the wash process began on the exterior.Twenty five gallons of wash water and extreme amounts of car wash soap it was clean again.We gave it a spritz of some spray wax while drying it and dressed the tires and fender wells and our daily driven, car show award winning ride is clean again on the exterior. Still have to vac the interior,scrub the Husky liner floor mats and dust off the interior but that can wait since our two year old daughter likes to snack on Goldfish crackers and somehow they end up everywhere lol. That was the first time almost 10 years that I have went off roading and I now remember the hours of cleaning involved and probably will not ever do anything like that again.At least not with this truck... Here are a few more pics of my detail customer/buddies 2WD Dodge Ram as he found out that same hole was DEEP.