autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

My Little Red Yaris is headed for correction :)

I bought my 2010 Toyota yaris in March of this year after I sold my old honda civic bubble(as some call them)/hatch a month prior. It is absolutely red with grey and black interior. Picked it up with 57 miles on it. From sitting about a year or so it has it's usual light wash scratches/from snow removal etc.

I just clay barred the entire car and to my disappointment, it left a LOT of marring.(One thing I can't stand about the clay bar, it's happened a LOT more than once). I'm confident some buffing with the FLEX and some Menzerna will have the car gleaming and scratch/scuff free very soon. It should be a very easy car to do seeing it's so small. I'm not going too crazy on it seeing it's my daily driver. I can tell already it's going to need SIP/Orange as it does have a lot of fine scratches in the sun. Not sure if I'll follow up with PO85RD or Nano yet, but it'll be a two stage for sure.

Just for fun, I used orange pads and SIP with my cyclo and it took out about 80% of the scratches and clay marring.

I'll post a pic or two during the process, here is one of the car right after I just got it. It looks wet/glossy but I assure you, it needed TLC from the get-go.

Jay

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My Little Red Yaris is headed for correction :)

I did SIP tonight with the FLEX random orbital. Holy smokes does that stuff dust! For the first stage, I'm quite happy with how the finish appears. It had a lot of nasty RIDS, improper washing scratches and like I'd mentioned, clay bar marring. It's not flawless(yet) but it's leaps and bounds above what it used to look like. You'd never know in the photo above how many defects the finish had. I'll load in a few pics.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My Little Red Yaris is headed for correction :)

Well, it is finished but not sealed up yet. Today was a hot one and I don't have the energy. SIP went first on the FLEX(6) with an Orange CCS pad:

Tonight I used Meg's 205(white CCS pad) and PO85RD. Here's how it's looking from that. Finish had a TON of RIDS/swirls etc. It's very clear now.

This one previously(erased it by accident) was horrible!

I realize those are lousy pics. After I wash it (DUST up the wazoo!) and seal it up tomorrow(Debating about wolfgang sealant or Zaino) I'll snap some more, if it's not raining LOL. I don't want all this work to go to waste but I love the car and couldn't take seeing it look like someone used a brillo pad(dealer) to wash it.