autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    For sure that will be a nice surprise gj
    A passion for perfection!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiars, a 3 step Approach to Paint

another after picture I took a day ago (w/ cam phone), which was after a final polish of Optimum Poli Seal (AIO) with just one application with a white Euro CCS hand foam pad. But just to give more an idea of how it all came together and it might not be a 100% flawless paint condition, but the results are that it still looks great. My ultimate final steps next week will be adding another layer of Optimum Opti Seal, letting it cure, topping off with Pete 53' paste wax and applying Optimum Spray wax on the wash after that.

You can see how good the reflection is:

you can see how the black sapphire metallic paint pops right through:
    2005 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD Black Sapphire Metallic; Modded

Post Thanks / Like

Put the pete's on thin. less is more with that wax. I have it and like it but it is really hard to take off.can't wait to se the end result! Great job!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mobile detail View Post
    Put the pete's on thin. less is more with that wax. I have it and like it but it is really hard to take off.can't wait to se the end result! Great job!

paste waxes should be applied thin (at least that's what I thought), but thanks for the tip!

Post Thanks / Like

update:

monday put on another layer on opti seal and a optimum spray wax, came out looking good...first time I really got to check it out in the blazing sun today and it sparkled, looked clean with metallic flakes popping through. I looked at a spot on the panel that's on the drivers side..rear quarter panel I believe..i didnt see the noticeable swirl spot created by a car wash drying with towels during the winter time (which was their pre polishing steps)....other things I noticed that the Scratch X 2.0 works really well with CCS orange foam pads (I used in the past yellow foam applicator, not even a comparison to the better cut orange pad, and I'm sure the white pad would do well also). Plus optimum instant detailer works really well on glass, it rained like crazy on the drive home today, but I was happy that the rain beaded/slid right off the windowshield making it much easier to see..also after getting back to the city, my car was dry which I was happy about, the wax must of kept the rain sliding right off. Will have a final pic soon after pete 53 is put on..

Post Thanks / Like

finished w/Pete 53: (i took pictures a couple days after applied and driving on the road, so not the cleanest but it still looks great). It didn't come up as good as it looks in person, but the metallic flakes look really good in the sun.

The reflections are so good that if you look at the back window, the house reflection looks just as good through the window as it does from the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome results by hand, with OTC products. Just goes to show with hard work and proper technique, you can get excellent results regardless of the type of products you're using. Well done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zilla View Post
    Awesome results by hand, with OTC products. Just goes to show with hard work and proper technique, you can get excellent results regardless of the type of products you're using. Well done.

thanks..I'm definitely happy with the results with the products used. Was a lot, a lot, of work but worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't want to start a new thread so I decided to post it under this thread since used Ultimate Compound, Swirlx and Euro CCS pads. My dad had some noticeable scratches on the trunk that apparently the garage he parks it in are careless, but there is no way to prove they did it. So he asked me if I would work on it. I used Ultimate Compound, orange ccs pad, and swirlx with a white ccs pad. After many passes it was hard to tell where the scratched areas were originally (as shown in the before picture, you can easily tell where the scratches are from a distance). What remained, you had to catch it at a certain angle up close (it was hard to get the right angle to take a picture of the final result). He was pleased, and I was as also, of how well it turned out.

BEFORE:

AFTER:
    Last edited by conthedon; 05-17-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Many times you can't remove the defect but this is a great example of how you can dramatically improve the finish with some hard work and regular products...

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast