autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Matt, the truck looks great and I think the combination of products you've used is working out rather nicely!

A quality sealant over these new coatings appears to be a death sentence to all the nice detailing supplies I have though...
    What do you mean "death sentence," Bobby?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Matt's C-Quartz Durability Update Thread

Here is a quick video I shot showing the beading @ just after 6 months. This was before washing and the truck hadn't been washed in a couple weeks.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcJAVmhJh6o&hd=1]6 months CQuartz update - YouTube[/video]

Here are some beading pics...notice how nicely the trim is still beading as well.

All clean!

Overall, I'm thoroughly impressed with this coating. As I mentioned previously, washing with degreaser didn't phase it at all. This is especially nice on a daily driven vehicle that does not get washed too often...instead of having to scrub a large build-up of dirt, you can let a stronger cleaner do the work which results in less chance of marring. Through all the love bugs, APC washes, pressure washer cleanings, and weeks at a time without a wash, it still beads like you see in the pictures.

On any of my previous vehicles, which were always garage-kept, I never saw more than ~3 months even from the most durable sealants and waxes. And even then, after that 3 months the paint would need clay pretty badly. My truck still does not need to be clayed and it sits outside 24/7. I've had little rust spots develop on the roof and hood where junk falls from the tree in front of my house, and they just wash right off.

Next, my mother's Camry needs some TLC. Expect an Opti Coat 2.0 6 month update soon!

Post Thanks / Like

love that truck. lookin good. thx for the updates.

Post Thanks / Like

Impressive... I might add it to my next order....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matt@autogeek.net View Post
    Here is a quick video I shot showing the beading @ just after 6 months. This was before washing and the truck hadn't been washed in a couple weeks.

6 months CQuartz update - YouTube

Here are some beading pics...notice how nicely the trim is still beading as well.

All clean!

Overall, I'm thoroughly impressed with this coating. As I mentioned previously, washing with degreaser didn't phase it at all. This is especially nice on a daily driven vehicle that does not get washed too often...instead of having to scrub a large build-up of dirt, you can let a stronger cleaner do the work which results in less chance of marring. Through all the love bugs, APC washes, pressure washer cleanings, and weeks at a time without a wash, it still beads like you see in the pictures.

On any of my previous vehicles, which were always garage-kept, I never saw more than ~3 months even from the most durable sealants and waxes. And even then, after that 3 months the paint would need clay pretty badly. My truck still does not need to be clayed and it sits outside 24/7. I've had little rust spots develop on the roof and hood where junk falls from the tree in front of my house, and they just wash right off.

Next, my mother's Camry needs some TLC. Expect an Opti Coat 2.0 6 month update soon!
    Matt you just described here the whole concept of CQUARTZ ! once its dried, wash or clean however you want!, less washes needed, longer cars will kept clean, faster to keep it in great condition.
    the love bugs you mentioned, or any mosquitos are easy to remove as well, even without harsh chemicals.
    for the rust spots yousaw on the roof ironx will work perfectly as well, wont affect at all the coat..
    can you update the guys here how are the swirls condition of that car, after 6 months.?

Post Thanks / Like

Question : Will applying AIO after 6mth of Cquazt remove the Cquazt coat?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Avi@CarPro View Post
    for the rust spots yousaw on the roof ironx will work perfectly as well, wont affect at all the coat..
    can you update the guys here how are the swirls condition of that car, after 6 months.?
    The rust spots actually did not stick to the finish....they washed right off. The paint is still completely swirl-free...it's always been washed with either a Dodo Wookie's Fist or CarPro Wool mitt, and dried with Cobra Guzzler towels. I'll try to get a pic or 2 in direct sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by terentius View Post
    (Klasse?) AIO will likely remove some of the coating since it is a chemical cleaner...not sure if it will remove it completely since it is non abrasive.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Matt, AIO like Klasse or Jett Werkstatt prime

Reason of asking was.. I am in a dilema to get Opti coat or CQuartz. CQuartz seems more user friendly for newbie in many ways interm of applications.

I was also thinking if you layer 2 or 3 coat of KSG does it have the same "effect" of Cquatz.. ( need to save $)

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Matt, AIO like Klasse or Jett Werkstatt prime

Reason of asking was.. I am in a dilema to get Opti coat or CQuartz. CQuartz seems more user friendly for newbie in many ways interm of applications.

I was also thinking if you layer 2 or 3 coat of KSG does it have the same "effect" of Cquatz.. ( need to save $)
    A lot has been said about OC application. There is a lot of over thinking going on. It is really straight forward to apply. I would not be fearful in any way. Especially since you can correct almost any high spots missed with light polishing
    Doug
    2008 Audi A6 S-line

Post Thanks / Like

you will affect the coat ! , no need to cover the cquartz with any polymer sealant,
    it will continue lasting now on Matt car without anything on it
    im looking forward to see if you got any swirls after 6 months
    does your car has soft paint Matt?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast