autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2004 Ford F150

Post Thanks / Like

2004 Ford F150

Hey everyone! I managed to take a few pictures of the detail I did on my 2004 Ford F150. I just purchased the truck in December of 2010. The previous owner had taken care of if the best that he knew how to; wash often, wax every few months, and try not to beat the hell out of it.

I did a pin stripe, decal, and lower panel trim removal before getting a start on the paint correction.

I got a little excited with the results of the stripe, decal and molding removal when I was taking the pictures and didn't notice until after I was completely done doing the correction that I hadn't gotten a good shot of how the paint looked before working on it.... To sum it up, it wasn't good before.

I was very excited before starting work to try the new MF pads related product that AG forced me to buy... But I was limited on time and ended up only being able to use them on the hood and roof. I tried for quite a while to use the pads on the rest of the truck, but I couldn't keep a good rotation on the horizontal panels. I ended up switching to m105/205 with CCS Orange and white pads for the sides and tailgate.

(Any suggestions on to what I could have been doing wrong on the vertical panels would be awesome. I tried all different speed and pressure options and I just couldn't figure it out.)

Truck was topped with 2 coats of Opti-Seal and a coat of c845. May be topping with another coat of Obsessive Wet Wax or Autoglym HD today.

In the after pictures, wheels, wells, and trim hadn't been dressed yet. I had a 40-mile drive back to my apartment after the detail, so they didn't get any love until I got back. Haven't had a chance to take any completely finished pictures yet.

Before:

After:

It was overcast the day I took those pictures

Let me know what you guys and gals think!

Kaleb

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2004 Ford F150

Great job on the truck! Now you just need to add some mods to it!

Post Thanks / Like

Haha, yes I do. The most I've done so far is the gotts mod and a Gryphon programmer. I'm going to be repainting the front and rear bumpers in the near future. Also putting a Line-X in and replacing the rims when I find some I like.

Re-tinting the windows, putting a security system with a remote start, and working on a big audio upgrade after I get the rest of it done.

New exhaust will be in there somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleb G. View Post
    Haha, yes I do. The most I've done so far is the gotts mod and a Gryphon programmer. I'm going to be repainting the front and rear bumpers in the near future. Also putting a Line-X in and replacing the rims when I find some I like.

Re-tinting the windows, putting a security system with a remote start, and working on a big audio upgrade after I get the rest of it done.

New exhaust will be in there somewhere.
    Sounds great! Personally, I'd modify the headlights and tail lights as well. Maybe add a chrome grille also. You have a lot planned as it is though! Again, great work on the truck!

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, I've been thinking about the lights a lot lately. I've been reading so much on here and about audio stuff that I haven't been able to figure out what I'd replace them with yet.

I will be replacing the grill, but I'm not sure if it will be with chrome. Leaning more towards a black billet grill.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great. Sounds like the previous owner took decent care of it but you pulled it into a new world of shiney .

Post Thanks / Like

Truck looks great! Nice job
    Tim
    "I have done so much with so little for so long.
    Now I can do anything with nothing"

Post Thanks / Like

It's great to see someone taking the time to improve both the finish on their vehicle and their detailing skills!

You truck looks fantastic!!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys!

In my original post, I meant that I couldn't keep the pads rotating on the vertical panels. Hood and roof were a breeze with the MF pads and produced incredible results.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleb G. View Post
    Thanks guys!

In my original post, I meant that I couldn't keep the pads rotating on the vertical panels. Hood and roof were a breeze with the MF pads and produced incredible results.
    Truck looks great!

Were you tilting the pads at all? In my experiences thus far with the MF System I have found that they are very sensitive tilting. A little tilt and they stop rotating rather quickly. However, these pads can take a lot of flat pressure. You can really lean into them and keep them rotating.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast