autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

25 minute rinsless wash & wax

Some of you detailers may not be impressed with these pics but some inexperienced lurker may be. I am always impressed with the results of ONR and DG AW. The car just had light salt spray from the roads being salted in anticipation of a storm that we didn't get here in Central PA.

I used 2 ounces of ONR in 3 gallons of warm water, washing with a PB chenille wash mitt and dried with a light mist of DG AW using a waffle weave drying towel. I gave the car a quick final wipe with a PB DMT.

These results couldn't be had in this time frame on a car without a regularly maintained paint finish.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 25 minute rinsless wash & wax

Looks great! Definitely couldn't be done if it wasn't maintained well! I unfortunately couldn't do that with my truck. We got hit with the storm and I have all kinds of salt and road grime on it. Hopefully it gets above freezing here this weekend and I can give her a good washing.

Post Thanks / Like

Rinseless washing has changed the way I wash cars...no matter the weather (although winter washing is where most of us got hooked on it). I put away the foam gun, the hoses, and just love how incredibly clean and glossy the car looks after a wash.

Yes, the trick is first getting the paint in great condition with regular maintenance while the weather allows. Once your car is protected with either a good sealant or wax...rinseless washing is a breeze and a heck of a time saver with excellent results.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

It was actually only 35 degrees here today according to the weather channel but it felt a lot warmer for some reason.

Post Thanks / Like

Great job Dave! Looks so clean.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Guys. This car actually has the early stages of clear coat failure because it was not cared for by the original owner. I bought the car about 3 years ago and have given it the care it deserves. Just goes to show that getting to car care late is better than not getting to it at all. I say that the clear coat failure is in remission.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    Thanks Guys. This car actually has the early stages of clear coat failure because it was not cared for by the original owner. I bought the car about 3 years ago and have given it the care it deserves. Just goes to show that getting to car care late is better than not getting to it at all. I say that the clear coat failure is in remission.
    Absolutely agree. The hood on my Explorer has clear coat failure written all over it but since I have been taking care of the car, everything has 'slowed'.
    2004 Infiniti M45 "Emmie"- Twilight Blue Pearl

2000 Ford Explorer "Clifford" - Toreador Red Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: 25 minute rinsless wash & wax

Looks great, I think anyone would be hard pressed nowdays to tell between a car done with a traditional wash verses a car done with a quality rinseless such as ONR provided the vehicle isn't excessively dirty.

Post Thanks / Like

Do rinse less and water less wash have same results?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slickooz View Post
    Do rinse less and water less wash have same results?
    With all the dried salt that was on my car I wouldn't use a waterless wash without first hydro-spraying off the heavier stuff. I used to use Poorboy's Spray&Wipe and while it is a nice product I ended up with excessive marring when testing it out on dirtier finishes where ONR doesn't mar the paint when used on a car in the same condition. So I would say the results are different.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast