autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Applied CQuartz to the wife car :)

Thanks Guys!

Looks good man! So is CQuartz like an intense version of Klasse?

...oh and i'm completely jealous you get to wash your cars in this horrible weather.
    No, this is a coating more like Opti-Coat or Gtechniq c1.

It was a PITA washing in my garage using the process I did. ONR is a LOT faster but could not be used as it could interfere with the bonding of this product

how much product did it take to cover the car?
    what does this product cost?
    did you also apply to wheels and windows?

looks good btw
    I used about 1/3-1/2 the bottle. I bought the kit on a group buy for about $47 I think.

It was applied to all exterior surfaces (paint, glass, wheels, and trim).
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Damn...Good job Rasky. I will look forward to your updates since I know you also have worked with Opt-coat. Please post your thoughts on CQuartz compared to Opti-coat. I might go with CQuartz on my next polish because its easier to obtain.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great Rasky! Good work on them headlights, does that always work using 800 then 1000 1500 to 3000 on beat up headlights?

Post Thanks / Like

Love that metal flake pop!!! Nice job.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishnugget View Post
    Damn...Good job Rasky. I will look forward to your updates since I know you also have worked with Opt-coat. Please post your thoughts on CQuartz compared to Opti-coat. I might go with CQuartz on my next polish because its easier to obtain.
    Thanks buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by slickooz View Post
    Looks great Rasky! Good work on them headlights, does that always work using 800 then 1000 1500 to 3000 on beat up headlights?
    Sanding will work well to remove pitting, and I actually would have went with 500 to start with had I had some on hand. I was able to remove about 75% of the pitting though and they look much better now! Sorry I didn't capture an after pic of them.

One thing to keep in mind though is that aggressive sanding will totally remove the UV coating on the headlights, so you may want to have something else to take it's place. I actually applied Opti-Coat to these headlights, but there are many other options out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Metzler View Post
    Love that metal flake pop!!! Nice job.
    Thanks Dan!
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?

Post Thanks / Like

How is the CQuartz holding up? Let me open up a discussion if you guys dont mind. I have seen the video of the guy whacking the paint with a plastic lighter and no marks were left. My dilema is this: My 944 has an aftermarket paint job that is about 8 years old. The paint corrects beautifully but...the clear is so soft that ANY mf I use immediately puts swirls in. It is maddening. With that said, is CQ really that durable? I have to find a solution to my towel marring. The only MF I can even attempt to use are the Adams towels at 15 bucks a piece. Is there an OPT product that is similar to CQ that will ease my pain?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Porsche Pilot View Post
    How is the CQuartz holding up? Let me open up a discussion if you guys dont mind. I have seen the video of the guy whacking the paint with a plastic lighter and no marks were left. My dilema is this: My 944 has an aftermarket paint job that is about 8 years old. The paint corrects beautifully but...the clear is so soft that ANY mf I use immediately puts swirls in. It is maddening. With that said, is CQ really that durable? I have to find a solution to my towel marring. The only MF I can even attempt to use are the Adams towels at 15 bucks a piece. Is there an OPT product that is similar to CQ that will ease my pain?
    Sorry guys, I actually removed the CQuartz a few weeks ago and ended up putting Opti-Coat on it instead. There is just something I liked better about Opti-Coat.

While I had the CQuartz on the car it did stay marr free and actually had a nice look to it.

Rasky

Post Thanks / Like

How did you remove the CQuartz? I'm thinking of removing my AQuartz and applying C1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    Sorry guys, I actually removed the CQuartz a few weeks ago and ended up putting Opti-Coat on it instead. There is just something I liked better about Opti-Coat.

While I had the CQuartz on the car it did stay marr free and actually had a nice look to it.

Rasky
    That's NOT what I want to hear.
    I just CQ'd my DD (Magnesium) and I think it looks great.I also have applied a coat of ReLoad on top of it.
    But
    I do also have Opti-Coat that I was going to wait until spring to put the OC on one of my toy's (2001 TA RamAir) that is black.

Why the change of heart on the CQ
    Team Flex PE14-2 150(Serial#0005)/3401/3403/XFE 7-15

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AeroCleanse View Post
    How did you remove the CQuartz? I'm thinking of removing my AQuartz and applying C1
    I just used M205. I have no way of knowing if the CQuartz was fully removed, but I saw no adverse affect's when I applied OC. I had some issues with C1 not leveling out.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpressiveImageDetailing View Post
    That's NOT what I want to hear.
    I just CQ'd my DD (Magnesium) and I think it looks great.I also have applied a coat of ReLoad on top of it.
    But
    I do also have Opti-Coat that I was going to wait until spring to put the OC on one of my toy's (2001 TA RamAir) that is black.

Why the change of heart on the CQ
    No worries man. Plenty of people love CQuartz and have been more than happy with it. I just preferred the way OC sheds water away when I pressure washed the car....just a personal preference really.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast